Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the best light sorc patern for pvm ?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by DarthLeader, Apr 26, 2008.

1. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

What's the best light sorc patern for pvm ?

Hi all,

I am wondering what's the best pure light sorc pattern for pvm ? (keying in 8 players baal games and grushing)

200 FCR with infinity in my merc's hands or 105 FCR with infinity in my hands (then my merc would have insight) ? I know a guy did the math about "should we wear infinity or not" (or something like that), please link me to it

vita or es ?

max block or not ?

which skill to max last ?

I am opened to all ideas guys, this is my first pure light sorc so don't be shy !

DarthLeader

2. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Re: What's the best light sorc patern for pvm ?

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=500685

The infinity debate

I prefer vita over ES, with no block. Nova is the last skill to max. Also, you should know that lightning spells (except nova and charged bolt) have different breakpoints. I tried 200 FCR but I didn't like it, the mana cost was really high and it's quite slow in 8-player games. I recommend aiming for the 117 FCR breakpoint with your merc carrying infinity. The -res is generally a waste on non LI monsters, and it's difficult to get high FCR or resists while carrying infinity. If you're worried about IM, just step in front of your merc and any IM cast will be tanked by you.

3. bballguy

bballguy Banned

I max nova instead of CB its awesome, with infi merc its killing machine in nm and norm. even in hell if u eqip infi itself and wear gg.

4. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Don't forget CB is a killer too, and Nova is very mana intensive. But it basically boils down to your choice. If you think you'd like to try out a nova build in the future, then max CB last. If you like a charged-boltress, then max Nova last.

All the light sorc guides I see max nova last, dunno why but I thought there must've been something I didn't know. :grin: