Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what's the best level to go to for ammy crafting

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by luuuucifer, Mar 22, 2004.

1. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

what's the best level to go to for ammy crafting

I'm interested in crafting godly caster amulets with +2 skills, what level should I bring my char up to?

Please don't say "99" or something, cause it is a pain to lvl above 90. But what would be a good point for me to stop? (A balance between high chance of getting +2 skills and not being bored on countless baal runs)

thanks

2. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

ideal lvl would be 95..at this lvl you will have a chance to get a +2 xx skills ammy on every purchase...since an ilvl of 90 is needed for oen and the chances on item lvl of ammys when u buy them are either +4 or -5..so even if it is -5..u could get one

u could also start gettin em at 86 if ur lucky....but the chances aer alot slimmer

3. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

So you are saying that crafting chances are the same as gambling chances?

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

no, to gamble ammys that have a chance to have +2 crafted.

if you are level 91, you have a 50/50 chance of gambling an ammy that has a chance at +2.

5. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

He's talking about "crafting" amulets in the Horadric cube. I would say anything over lvl 85 should be fine. I have not been very successful with rings or amulets in the way of + skills, but they do get a ton of mods on them. The best crafted item I have made was a pair of vampirebone gloves with +2 to Martial Arts and a lot of other good mods. The higher clvl you are the better are your chances, but I have been geeting a lot of 1% life steal on rings and Ammy's. Not so good when your looking to get 5% or better. At clvl 95 I would think that all mods will be available to you, including the chance to get +2 skills on amulets. I got them on the gloves above at only clvl 83.

6. Superhal

+2 tree is a very low level mod, actually. i think you can start getting those at like level 40-60.

7. Solidus_Snake

Solidus_Snake IncGamers Member

is it possible to craft +skill rings?

8. Superhal

craft no, gamble yes.

9. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

I'm not an expert, but I didn't think that +skills rings spawned anymore in either rare or crafted form.

As far as the crafting ammy question goes, there are two different parts to your question. +2 skills is a lvl 90 affix, and in order to craft this the average of your character level and the input ilvl of the ammy needs to be >=90. Either your character level or the ilvl can be below 90, it is the average of the two that counts. This is based on my knowledge of the calculators and bears out with what I crafted back in 1.09, but if anyone KNOWS this to be wrong, please tell me!

You CAN craft a +2 skills ammy with a level 82 character, but you need to have an ilvl 99 ammy, which I believe can only be dropped by Baal. so if you are doing baal runs for crafting material, then you can stop levelling.

The problem is that Baal runs take a long time, and he does not drop ammys all that often, so a more cost effective way to get the raw material is to gamble it. as Ryshenron said, the lvl of a gambled ammy is random and ranges from your level +4 to your level -5. At level 85, you have a 0% chance of gambling a craftable ammy (your best seed is lvl 89, and the average of your level and the seed is <90). At level 90, you have a 50% chance of gambling a craftable ammy. And at level 92, you have a 90% chance of gambling a craftable ammy (there is a 1/10 chance you gamble a lvl 87 ammy, lvl ** and higher will average with your level to get 90).

I would level at least to 90 before crafting ammys, and would probably wait until 91 or 92, just to increase your yield. 93 would guarantee a craftable ammy.

lvl 85 -- 0%
    lvl 86 -- 0%
    lvl 87 -- 0%
    lvl ** -- 10%
    lvl 89 -- 30%
    lvl 90 -- 50%
    lvl 91 -- 70%
    lvl 92 -- 90%
    lvl 93+ -- 100%

yomo

10. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Let´s make things easy! Two (2) factors are relevant when crafting an amulet (and everythig else):
    1.Clvl
    2.Ilvl

If I remember that well: ilvl of magical amu used + clvl must = 184 or higher to give a chance for +2 all skills.

It means that if you obtain your amu by gambling you must be at least lvl 95 to be sure that you have a possibility to get +2 to skills crafting this amu.
    If you get that amu from a regular monster in Pit you must be lvl99.

11. YomoKimyata

Based on the calculator I have been using (no third party sites, but google "Diablo affixcalc"), the sum only needs to be 180 or higher. Also, if it were 184 or higher then minimum level of character would have to be 90 to gamble such a ammy. I''ll sacrifice a few perfect amethysts to the cause and see if I can craft a +2 skills with my lvl 89. If you are right, then that would be impossible -- I'll let you know tomorrow night.

12. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Notice that I wrote "IF i remember well" :lol: - I must check exact numbers and I can´t do it now. Don´t lose your amethysts for tests. I will check it tomorrow morning. My 184 seems to me too high now and your 180 too low. May be 182??? :lol: I will check. :)

13. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

It is 182 to be sure, but at 180 it is possible, provided both numbers are even.

Strictly speaking, the formula is outputilvl = [inputilvl/2] + [clvl/2], where the divisions are both rounded down. And you want outputilvl to be at least 90.

If you intend to gamble an amulet and then craft it, you need to be clvl 93 to have a definite chance of +2 skills. If you are clvl 92, you could (10% chance) get an ilvl 87 amulet from your gamble. [92/2] + [87/2] is only 89.

This means Yomo's table above is mostly right, but not quite exact. A level 91 char needs to gamble an amulet of at least ilvl 90 to have a chance at +2 skills - ilvl 89 is not enough. So there is only a 60% chance at clvl 91. Similarly there is only a 20% chance at clvl 89.

14. YomoKimyata

thanks thrugg, that means the affix calc site is not quite correct. thanks for making things clear!

15. Superhal

i was referring to the small chance of gambling a unique ring, with +skills.

when you gamble for ammy's for crafting, get one with +2 skills already, then it is guaranteed to have a chance to get it afterwards.

16. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

That isn't so, I'm afraid.
    If it has +2 skills now, and you cube it with 3 perfect gems, it will retain its ilvl and still be able to get another +2 skills. But not many people re-roll amulets with pgems.

When you craft, your character's level matters. If it is below 90, you will bring the ilvl down, so an amulet with +2 skills now (meaning it has ilvl 90+) may drop below 90, and not be able to get +2 skills anymore.

If you gamble one with +2 skills, and craft with a char of level 90 or more, then yes, you are OK.

17. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

does the ilvl of the jewel matter?

18. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

So, with a level 93 character I have 100% to gamble an magic amulet, craft it using any ilvl jewels, and get a +2 skills using any crafting amulet recipe?

Also, this was taken from Arreats Summit:
    Selecting Prefixes/Suffixes in Gambling
    When selecting which Magic Prefixes/Suffixes are available to be Gambled, the level of the Magical Prefix/Suffix is checked against the randomly chosen value in the range of +6 Levels/-3 levels of your character's level. So a Magic item with a Prefix level of 90 would be available at Character Level 84. The chance of getting that item also becomes better at higher Character Levels. Remember, Circlets have a Magic Level bonus, which is added to the maximum item level you can receive on that item. Note: this does not affect non-Circlet items when you are wearing a Circlet

What would be the chances of getting an amulet like this:

2 Barbarian Skills
    10 Faster Run/Walk
    4% Life Leech
    30 Strength
    20 Dexterity
    80 Life

19. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

you cannot get 20/30 stats like that afaik
    I think there is some special rule

20. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

i didn't feel like reading the whole post, got bored. Can u make +skill rings?