Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the best date you've ever been on?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Necrolestes, May 10, 2005.

1. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

What's the best date you've ever been on?

As a counterpoint to Steve_Kow's worst date thread, please describe the best date you've ever been on. Keep in mind, though, that some details may not be forum-friendly so you may have to edit out some of the juicier parts.

2. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

I read the "worst" dates thread, and I have to say that any experiences I've had that had been bad were pretty much boring in comparison to others.

I have had a few really good dates though over the years too. And no... they didn't all involve sex at the end of them.

In fact, one of the better dates I ever went on was with a divorced woman (very attractive) who had a few kids. We went on a date to a local amusement center (go karts, video games, batting cages, etc.). That was actually very fun. I had the chance to hang out with her, but to get a glance at her children as well (should a relationship had ever formed). Timing wasn't right at that time in my life, so things never really progressed past the first date.

3. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

Not nearly as exciting to read about this as my worst date story, but a friend of mine had introduced me to a girl who I managed to connect with really well.

After I had taken her on our first date, she asked me what I was doing the next weekend and I instead she could take me out. Her birthday had just passed a few weeks before and she told me that her parents had given her a present we could do together but she wouldnt tell me what it was. The next weekend I met her at her house and she offered to drive.
    After about 2 hours of driving towards the middle of nowhere we came upon an airfield. Her parents had gotten her a skydiving package for two and so we spent the day jumping out of airplanes.
    If you are not afraid of heights or falling I would recommend this, as its like having an orgasm that last for a few minutes. Another one of the most memorable days of my life.

phil

4. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

hmm. interesting.

5. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Best date? Lots of them, for various reasons.

But the most surprisingly interesting one was probably when I went to pick up Donna for a date, and her twin sister Dawn came as part of the package.

6. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

I don't think I could be attracted to a girl who doesn't mind co-****ing her sister. Call me oldfashioned, but incest seems gross to me.

Garbad

7. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

If you're referring to my post, I'll be danged if I can find where I mentioned sex. Or that they had sex with each other.

8. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

Sounds like Garbad was reading it how he wanted to. Its a lot like 'selective hearing'.

phil

garbad: that avatar brings back lots of early childhood memories(sadly my 6 y/o cousin said they were too gay too watch, these kids just dont know what their missing.... and where the hell does a 6 y/o learn this ****?)

9. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

What exactly does 'came as part of the package' mean then? You've got me intrigued.

Was it some kind of crazy time share? She ended up being your twin sister for half the week?

10. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

They are pretty

11. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

One of my favorites was about a year into a relationship with my current fioncee. It was spring break, senior year of high school and we decided it'd be fun to take a three day trip up to the Twin Cities (Minnesota for you non-midwest people). Being in Iowa, it's a few hours drive (6+ or something like that), but it was pretty fun. Did the touristy things, went to the Mall of America, etc., had fun at the hotel... :uhhuh: (which her mom made the reservations for since i didn't have a credit card at that point...lol). But it was a generally good time, though not really a single "date" or anything, and a bit pricy for me at the time, but still worth it.

~Bails

12. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

Best Dates? I'll let you guys know when I have one.

13. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Date? I'll let you guys know when i have one. :)

14. masterazn

masterazn Banned

What's a date?

15. Pierrot le Fou

Pierrot le Fou IncGamers Member

I guess it would be my first 'date' with my girlfriend.

I had been in Japan for a while and had very luck with finding a woman I was actually willing to date. I mean, I could find women who would be entertaining in the *ahem* 'short term' so to speak, but it was incredibly difficult to find a woman who was actually interesting enough to consider a relationship with.

To clarify the situation for those of you who don't live in Japan, as a white guy in Japan, you generally have two options. You can try to pick up women as a Japanese person would, only it's incredibly difficult to do as you have to go in a group, and you have to speak passable Japanese, and you have to go through the Japanese dating rituals which are absolute torture as they involve complete and total ambiguity, co-dating, and no real getting to know the other person.

The second way is to play on the fact that you are a white guy who speaks English, and try to weed through the HOARDES of women who are either shallower than Paris Hilton, have no interest beyond using you the same way they'd use a designer handbag ("Look what I got!"), using you in intimate ways that are enjoyable for both parties but are absolutely meaningless beyond the bedroom, or trying to abuse your English-speaking for free English lessons.

I am sure there are nice women who don't fit into those categories who meet foreigners, but I'll be damned if I was going to take the time to find them.

Basically I had been going to my local bar and people would speak to me (generally in Japanese, save for the English language leeches who refused to speak Japanese with me because they simply wanted English practice and wanted my phone number to further their cause), and I'd get many women's numbers.

Now in the US, if someone gives you their phone number, that is generally a sign that they want you to call it, otherwise why would they give it? Now I would call many of these women, and they would absolutely have no interest in talking to me, let alone date me, and generally gave me a headache because I had no concept of what the Hell was going on.

I had a few 'dates' which generally consisted of me going somewhere with a girl and her friend which is obviously not ideal for getting to know someone, and most of the people I was interested with and had good conversation with wouldn't pan out for whatever reason (partially because they all live with their family, mooch off their family, have no real ambition, and aren't that independent).

So anyway, I was sitting in my bar one night, having a drink, when my current girlfriend (who I knew not at the time) came in and started talking to me. She asked me about things like the Iraq war and the like (in English) and it was really impressive that she was actually interested in the CONTENT of my statements rather than the LANGUAGE. Furthermore, she had travelled all over, and was excellent at English, AND she lived away from her family, which were all absolutely incredible. Furthermore, well, she's really hot if you ask me, but I was pissed off at Japanese women as a whole, and figured that I shouldn't bother, so I gave her my e-mail address rather than my cell-phone one or my phone number, and didn't bother asking for hers.

In a couple days, I was shocked to find an e-mail from her. I e-mailed back and forth with her for a week or two, and figured I'd give her my cellphone info if she wanted to meet up sometime. Shockingly enough, she mailed me on my cellphone, we set up a day to go out for dinner, and I figured, still, that it would suck and she would bring a friend or somesuch.

She didn't. She came alone, we had a wonderful conversation, we clicked immediately, and while I have to admit I was checking out the waitress (she was really frickin' hot too), I had an absolutely wonderful time and just wanted to see her again without a pressing desire to get into her pants at just that moment.

A year and some months later, we're living together, so I figure that she must have done something right on that date to keep me monogamous and chained down with co-habitation. Shocking to myself as I think about it.

I guess that's less a date than it is a relationship though. She's an incredible woman.

16. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Actually it has to be the time i took a girl to get some thia food then went walking around downtown christmas shopping, very fun time.