Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats the best charm selection for a PvP smiter?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by BlueDogAnchorite, Sep 7, 2006.

1. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

Whats the best charm selection for a PvP smiter?

grand combats? or smalls?

Thanks, just curious.

2. Murderya

Murderya Banned

I would say Combats, just because you probably want a 1 hit KO

3. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

leave charms to swap for life/def/stacking res.. smite damage is a laughable differance between having 7 gc's with + combat or not.. smite is 1-2 hit ko's ANYWAY.. you will not 1 hit ko any decent player and a second hit will always finish anyone.. i run a 1pt smiter with max zeal/sacrifice etc... having made BOTH full syn smiter and this char.. the full syn smiter offers NO real benifit over zeal/1pt smite. the only time full smite wins out is in the pally vs barb imho if you went the blessed aim passive boost for AR.. because sometimes barbs will be freaky wierd :p... but even then its pointless...

grief and your shield is your damage period...

ps. if your in one of those crazy games where you have rules like no lifetap/leech/runewords or whatever.. then i would pick syn smiter over 1pt smiter in that case because without the greif your missing that big damage...

also dont use vortex's people keep making those into exile and its pointless their range is far 2 big for such a big strength requirement.. use a kurast or sacred targe.. and for smiting HOZ is better than both imho...but i prefer exile for zealing

4. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

Seems to me like a mix of good p combat lifers (35+'s) and 20life sc's works better than all p combats or all 20life sc's.

5. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

Well im going to have enough strength for a vortex anyway, because i'm going wear the crown of ages for damage reduction. Its the only really high strength item in my setup :embarassed:, I cant find any other eligible way to get max damage reduction. (well close to it)

6. Jerametrius

Jerametrius IncGamers Member

Only use pcombats if they are 35+ life, use 20 lifers if you cant afford those.

Also the best way to get max dr(well 49..) is ber shako(18) + enigma(8) + verdungo(15) + ber hoz(8). Allows for more life than a coa build.

7. KaythonXE

KaythonXE Banned

Use CoA if you're making a smiter. Any v/t , t/v, smiter that uses shako can't hit max dr and will have low res and fhr without the aide of charms. Charms are made for damage and life, mainly, on these character build.