Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the best build to kill the ubers ?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by DarthLeader, May 25, 2008.

1. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

Hi all,

I have a USEast SC NL pure smiter and I think it's good, but I play on USEast SC L. I got a 200% FCR light sorc to gather keys in full baal games and I am wondering:

1 pt smiter ? http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=425449
    The Exorcist ? http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=370389
    pure smiter ?
    The Warrior-Monk, and Uber-Tristram Assassin Build ? http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=392666
    I heard that some type of zon could do it with ease ?
    Any more ideas ?

You can also include the fun factor in your comment :cool:

DarthLeader

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: What's the best build to kill the ubers ?

pure smiter is fast, but one point smiter made from hdin has more variety.

3. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

any pally with a point into Smite (and maybe holy shield too) can do the ubers with some crushing blow gear, sufficient res-stack for u-Meph and a source of lifetap.

4. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

Smealot.
    Full smite ,full Fana tree, full zeal, max CB posible, Lifetap ( exile,draculs ), full resis.

The question that rise through the d2gs's minds : Is there any char other than smiter (+zealot for minions clearing ) to do Ubers ?
    If we look at the time allocated for a Uber run, the answer is so clear : No.

Only smealot to use for Ubers, other option is not posible. As my friend said once : "Other option is just not an option ".

PS: Nearly forget ... rest of the points in Salvation to neutralize Uber Meph's conviction. Only 2 minutes max using this aura, but still it's a must.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I've seen sorcs on youtube solo the whole thing, definately possible. A good frenzier can do it as well, as can a good summoner. I've never seen zons do it solo, but every other character have builds and item combos which makes it possible, and even efficient.

6. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

First objective of any character is anihilating the 3 Ubers from Tristan. Minions are autospawend, they keep spawning until the boss Uber is dead.

Keeping that objective in mind now comes the strategy.

It takes a character with hughe resists to stand in front of the minions. Let's say that you're maxing the resists, that's mean less life boost in favor of resists. To reach the Uber protected by his minions means creating the path and forwarding to the boss. Ok, let's say you manage to reach the Uber , now comes killing him, menawhile stay alert to his minions that keeps spawning. Uber has HUGHE life bar, and some resists himself. It takes more than 5 min to kill a Uber with any character other than smiter (smiter can bring him down under 1 min OFC using CB) .
    Ok, now multiply that with 3 Ubers all attacking you carrying those minions.

Does it worth to spend 30 min fatigueting yourself , fighting to keep yourself alive?

Let's see how is made by smealot :

Enters the portal, W, Boo, W, put salvation aura on, draw Meph from the crowd making him coming towards you, aim Mephisto, completly ignoring minions, smite him with 15 hits , watch him dying, put fanaticism aura on, put zeal on, smash minions, aim the second uber that comes into the sight, completly ignoring minions put smite on , smite the Uber with 15 hits, watch him dying , aim the last Uber wich usualy is very close to the second uber, completly ignoring minions , smite the Uber with 15 hits, watch him dying, put zeal on, kill the remaining minions.
    All this is made usualy in less then 3 minutes.

"Nothing else matter"

7. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

utter crap.
    ubers have been done with Kickers, Frenzy Barbs, Fury wolves and all manner of other builds in the past.

hell, even Summon necros have been used successfully.

now, i'll grant you, a tricked out smiter will be faster than any of these. but by no means is a smiter the "only" build that can uber successfully.

8. zhadoom

zhadoom IncGamers Member

Are the minions "blindable" ? If so, a summoner shouldn't have much trouble with the minions =)

9. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

I saw video of summoner he was casting terror on all the minions to make them stay away

10. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I made a "budget" smiter and I can tell you it's not as rosy as it sounds.
    It usually takes me about 20 minutes to kill the three, but this is probably because I play with 3 other people in the game (that can't do anything else but dieing):prop:

It takes more than 15 hits per uber, and I die in between. It really matters to have "good" (i.e. expensive) gear.

Summoner sounds interesting; you can bring a few dozen "all-immune" venom lords from Izual's place, and they are huge and provide good meat shield.

I don't know how sorcs can do it without Infinity!

11. daneBO

daneBO IncGamers Member

10 minutes on average for my PB Frenzy and dracs. Maybe 7-8 minutes if I am feeling lucky and using laying of hands.

12. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

What's PB Frenzy?

13. daneBO

daneBO IncGamers Member

Phase blades - grief and last wish.

14. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I see, two uber duped runewords, that's why u do better than me.

I took me double your time with a Redeemer, 4 PD([email protected]), Guradian angel, Kyra, Cat's eye, Dwarf star, Dracs, Tgods, Gores, random rare ring (10 res all I think). But then again I had a smiter...

I wanted to be able to do them, not set any records! (I started playing 2 months ago, so...)

15. daneBO

daneBO IncGamers Member

Its not a race, just disproving the theory that only Pallys can take down Ubers. I rolled the grief with a PB I traded from scoobs 3 weeks ago (its ias is 38 - still happy about that) and the LW is borrowed (semi-permanently) from clan member on leave. I started about 3-4 months ago too.

16. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Well, if people here have a build that takes more than 10 minutes to clear CS, they say it's not good for CS. I thought the same goes for ubers.

At first, I also thought about using some frenzy barb build, cause they have high life, fast attack, and with maxed frenzy and mastery you get some decent AR bonus.

I also got a borrowed Grief from a friend, but I need the keys to go and test it. This time I might take hdin with me, since most of my friends are sorcs or zons which are kinda useless.

17. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Now I understand why it took you so long. 15% CB is not NEARLY enough. One of approximately ~6,7 hits that deals CB is VERY DAMN SLOW. Get yourself Guillaume's face, and rather use Salvation and/or Treachery prebuff.

18. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Well, there's always room for improvement. Getting a Guillaumes also means getting a Ravenfrost (I think a friend has one), maybe I'll try this setup.
    I recently made a Threacery (i was missing the armor), how about using Duress for CB and OW? Should be 1 in ~3 hits, rather than 6,7 (2x faster).

19. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

I guess it's doable...

Just remember, Life Tap alone won't neccessarily keep you alive during the Uber runs. 50% leech is alot, but when you don't do enough base damage to keep leeching, it is essentially useless.

20. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

1. Uber smiter can do Uber Tristan all by himself, that's a wellknown fact. Adding more parties will only add lifebar to Ubers.
    2. "Good" gear ( as you put it ) means +60% CB and up ( Guillam's, gore ).
    You have 2 choises :
    2.1. Guillam's + gore + Grief in PB ( Grief has insane damage, but no CB )
    2.2. CoA + gore + weapon with CB ( Last Wish, Haeven's Light, Black )

2.1 and 2.2 comes OFC with maxed resist and salvation aura until meph Uber is dead is a must. Then switch to fana.

Why just 15 hits ? Simple : each blow will dramaticly reduce lifebar of Uber, that mean CB Crushing Blow. Adding Dmg to CB , and 15 hits are more then suficient.

Gear, I prefer Haeven's light for the +skills and hughe CB:

Shako umed ( for life , DR )
    Mara ( for resis , +skills)
    Haeven's light shaeled shaeled ( shael is a great IAS boaster)
    Zaka
    Angel umed ( maxing resis, vital for Uber runs )
    Verdungo's 15% DR
    Dracul's ( no need to point out why )
    Raven ( +dex )
    Bulk ( Life leacher )

Someday I'll put on youtube my Uber run to see that 3 min are more then enough with the gear listed above.
    Srategy ? Just aiming Ubers and ignoring minions. First taking out Uber Mephy using salvation, that's a must, and simply to do because Mephy is the first that attacks you on the sight and easily to draw out from his 2 "companions". Uber Mephy isn't so bright, and that is an advantage.

Last edited: May 28, 2008