Whats the best build: PvM barb

caucasion

Diabloii.Net Member
Whats the best build: PvM barb

im currently at level 22 on a predominatly solo played pvm barb. My weapon mastery is axe and at 12. Im planning on doing the ww.conc hybrid.

my questions:

Is an axe barb the best or better of the weapon masteries?
Should i re-roll and start off as a sword barb?

any other help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

smeer

Diabloii.Net Member
caucasion said:
im currently at level 22 on a predominatly solo played pvm barb. My weapon mastery is axe and at 12. Im planning on doing the ww.conc hybrid.

my questions:

Beserker Axe are generally considered the best weapon for a barb so yes axe barb is the best

zalt

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are soloing, and going mostly untwinked it doesnt really matter. Berserker axes are the best 1-h weapons but if you wanna go 2-handed, polearms is probably the best choice.

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
caucasion said:

my questions:

for pvm the cheapest option is to make IK ww barb.
now if you can afford the way to go is
2x botd zerkers
enigma
gores, dracks, tgods, arreat, highlords, raven , 10 fcr ring with mana/life /res
switch 2 wizzies for fast tele and lots of mana, if you decide to use
insight merc you can use hotos,
charms you can use several 20 life scs gheeds ( i sssume you will mf with your barb), some wc/combat skillers with gold finding mod or life charms with gold find mod some 7% mf scs.
something in those lines

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Axes are the best 1h weapons, and have the most useful uniques available to them.

As a side note, don't make a ww/conc hybrid. One in conc is enough for a skill you're only going to be using 1% of the time, and it will have +200% damage from BO as it stands, making it do more than the 20 in whirlwind right off the bat.

-Hal

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Check out Rikstaker's WW guide, it's very thorough. He suggests only using shield only for PvP, etc.

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
caucasion said:
im almost thinking i shoud reroll to a 1h/sheild barb with ww as my concentrate. anyone agree?
Sounds like an excellent idea - though if you're going to use a 1h weapon, axes are better.

-Hal

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going pure PvM I can't imagine why you wouldn't make a frenzy barb :D +175% FRW (without the hidden diminishing returns inherent in item FRW, meaning that it's equivalent to like +300% or more item FRW) is AWESOME.