Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what's new?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by RooR, Jun 27, 2010.

1. RooR

RooR IncGamers Member

what's new?

Hey there. Long time player of hardcore class USWest for.....ever. Last time I touched it was years ago.

So, this last ladder reset, was this a one time thing or blizz plans to keep resetting?? Other than that, what's new?

I just loaded back D2 gonna hack some things around for fun @[email protected]

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Re: what's new?

I take it you mean hack as in "hack'n'slash". :)

Though it depends on how many years ago you touched it, one new thing may be synergies.
    Having points in one skill gives more damage to a specified other skill.
    So a bit like Fire Mastery boosts the damage of the sorceress' fire skills, except it works for specific skils rather then all skills of a tree.

Last time the ladder reset was quite recent, you'll find the exact date when you start up your Diablo and log onto battle.net

Blizzard does not often reset the ladder(which I personally like, since a 3 month cycle would be waaaay to short imho). They still spend time on this relatively old game.

3. RooR

RooR IncGamers Member

Hey Warlock, I remember seeing you around these forums a lot ;)

LOL yes by Hack i mean hack n slash of course ;)

Ok yea, I know about synergies, I was playing a little at that time. Hmmm so I decided to make a poison javazon last night for fun. Going good...slow but good so far.

Anyways, by what's new I mean, anything new with the game itself? I noticed Akara can reset your skilltree now. Is this a one time use, or unlimited?

And I think I read somewhere that Chaos Sanct no longer has Iron maiden???

Things of that nature. What's new?

4. WarlockCC

I think you just summed up the biggest changes. At least those are the ones I can remember reading about in the changelog now that you mentioned them. :)

The re-stat can be done once per character, per difficulty.

5. RooR

RooR IncGamers Member

Ok that's it ! Where are these damn changes so I can read em...

Yea it was weird. I was running chaos sanctuary on normal with a charger....I didn't even bother asking about Iron Maiden, but I was thinking in my head "uhh......" So, this is true? No more IM?

Well, there weren't many people playing a little over a year ago on USWEST hccl, and there are certainly fewer people now lol. I think there's about......5 guys (each with 10 accounts) haha.

Was pretty funny. I was pretty much just running around naked leveling my poison javazon, and people kept throwing me Sigon's pieces lol.

No people!! Too much str req. People are still caught up on items it seems. Skills people, skills! However, the funnest class ever on hccl is my glass cannon bowazon, which needs mad skills, and some pretty good gear lol.

So can I expect another timely reset in 3 months, or....very unlikely right?

6. RooR

RooR IncGamers Member

Thinking about a holy bolter/sanctuary paladin lol

7. WarlockCC

3 months is indeed very unlikely.

Personally, I prefer my bolters combined with Meditation and a high level of prayer(with lots of +skills in prayer to get more from the synergy). :)

8. RooR

RooR IncGamers Member

Whoa hey now, I was only kidding (sorta), but let's talk about this then lol.:scratchchin: First off, I only like Sanctuary for the way it looks lol.

Uhm....how successful were you, what lvl did you get to?

9. RooR

RooR IncGamers Member

Hey one more thing.

I am pretty certain, yes I can, but not sure. I can still buy 30/20 prismatic shields off drognan, HELL act 2 right?? And my char level won't affect Drognan's ability to carry those shields, since it isn't gambling, right?

10. WarlockCC

Since I keep my characters after Ladder resets, I have a level 90 healer, a level 86 healer, a level 87 healer off ladder. Since I'm currently very low on playtime, my current ladder's healer is only level 60 so far.
    They are all really healer/bolters. Can kill Seis as fast, or if Seis starts running, then faster then hammerdins. Undead have no chance.
    The bolts do between 7k and 9k damage depending on +skill gear and heal between 300 and 500 hp per bolt on any partied player.
    Meditation if your team wants mana regenerate or cleansing if they don't need extra mana and want their minions healed.

About the shields and the shopping, yes, your character level affects shopping too. For example, the higher you get, the more +2 weapons(greenish tint on them) you'll see.

11. RooR

RooR IncGamers Member

If I'm level 43 I should be able to see 30/20 prismatic shields off Drognan right? I remember shopping one off him in the past. Right now I'm seeing the 30/20 mod, and also prismatic, just not together yet >< Been at it 2 days now, last time took me 10 tries, which I think raised my expectations of finding another one easily.

So you like your healers?? So you say to ditch Sanctuary all together. I was looking on Area Summit, the knockback dmg seems pretty crappy at high levels.

So you just went what: holy bolt and its synergies, meditation, any holy shield?
    And how bout your gear choices?

I'd like to discuss the healer/bolter more. I've been playing this game waaayyy too long on and off. Traditional cookie cutter classes just don't do it for me anymore, need weird builds. :thumbup:

12. WarlockCC

About the shield; If you can see them individually, you can also see them together. It may take some time though, since I think the last time you may have been very lucky indeed. I'd probably just talk to Drogan and only check the stats of purple shields. That should allow you to run back and forth much more often in the same timespan as when you would check all shields stats.(I suspect you are already doing this, I'm just adding this for other people interested in shopping: focus only on what you need. :) )

As for the healer/bolter :
    Yeap, that about covers it. Fully synergized bolt with a few points in meditation. I always have a point in conversion, as this often allows me to slowly kill the living one at a time and mainly to get myself out of a hotspot/create a meatshield for my own safekeeping.
    I sometimes get a single point in holy shield, but it isn't really a requirement for the build.

You will not be standing eyeball to eyeball with the monsters. The undead you can kill from far away and when you're keeping a tank alive, you are also usually not taking a lot of damage. The one major change will be to not jump in head first. Basically, you'll be telling others "you go first, veeery dangerous.".
    It usually also takes others a few games to realize what you are and what you do. You can heal them, but you cannot heal yourself(well, not counting the slower healing you get from meditation).

What I like about this build is the playstyle, you will have to adapt to every party, since every party is different, so you're always changing and adapting.

Gearwise, I'd go for max +skills with a decent bit of fcr. For this build any +skill makes a difference, because prayer is the only synergy that also uses the +skills to help the synergy.
    You may also want some res to survive though. :)

An ideal scepter would have +2 pala +3 bolt +3 prayer and at least +2 meditation or +1 conversion.