Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats important to you?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by kavlor, Aug 10, 2010.

1. kavlor

kavlor Diabloii.Net Member

Whats important to you?

This is purely to put across what you personally want from D3 rather than a discussion topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good storyline but not top priority but I think this gives a feeling of quality and care for the series.

An outlet for creativity in an intricate game system.

Good feedback on gameplay,you do something spectacular expect to see something spectacular.

A decent level of strategy for both solo playing and party playing.

A more appealing party play when on MP(no more or very few 1 player games)

2. SneakyMilo

SneakyMilo Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Whats important to you?

I was tempted to reply: Everything.

My Itemized list of top priorities:

A polished game with attractive presentation and minimal problems

A great multiplayer experience that encourages and rewards team play

A satisfying end game that will keep me playing for years to come

A satisfying early and mid game that will making starting a new character fun, not a chore

A long and diverse list of USABLE gear/skills

3. Goldwrap

Goldwrap Diabloii.Net Member

Great gameplay - you know, when a game "just feels right"

Replayability - no "boring parts"

Endgame should be interesting - things to do after you've finished the game on hell

PvP - a must ;)

Epic items - diablo would'nt be diablo without the rare and unobtainable items

4. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Diabloii.Net Member

Storyline etc is very low on my priority list because it doesn't really matter after the first playthrough. I never replay games for the sake of the plot.

ARPGs rely on a good character system and a good item system to create replayability, so that's what's most important to me. To me, trying out different classes/builds and hunting rare items is the game.

5. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop Diabloii.Net Member

1. Gameplay. Breadth, depth polish. No going backwards from previous iterations like Oblivion (except for in graphics and mechanics). In other words, push the series forwards.

2. Deep, complex itemization and item strategy.

3. Atmosphere

4. Reliable online play

5. Scale the mana/power/rage/whatever cost of spells more effectively at low/mid levels.

6. Maintain synergies or something equally cool. Lots of viable builds and new builds popping up for years or with every new patch.

6. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

1. fun gameplay. when i am killing mass amounts of monsters i want it to be fun

2. mobs. i want cool looking and fun to kill mobs. no more damn sand leapers and so on

3. solo. i want to be able to beat the game with each character solo. i dont want it to be easy but i want to be able to do it. i hate being forced to group (though i like multi just not being forced into it)

4. little to no lag. so annoying entering duriels tomb and being dead before you see him

5. story. i dont need some world shattering story line but i want a good story. also would like some changes in the story to be based on what class/sex you are

6. items. i want alot of good item choices instead of everyone running around with the same damn thing

the above is in no order just how it came to me

7. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

I'm pretty much 100% with Zarn here.

8. Dudzy

Dudzy Diabloii.Net Member

I think the most important thing to me overall besides the gameplay being great is that they still have lots of really rare items. If they dont the game will get old fast for me.

Also i hope the multiplayer is more stream-lined this time around as i never got into it on d2 because of how unorganized it all seemed.

I think to help with that its necessary to make a decent currency. It would allow for a auction house type system and would really make trading items a breeze.

9. reclinemusic

reclinemusic Diabloii.Net Member

1. gameplay / the "feel" of combat
    2. economy
    3. streamlined processes -- e.g. i'd like to have a stash where i can keep items and not have to worry about muling (i realize an infite stash isn't possible server storage-wise... but i'd even explore an option where you could pay a fee to have a near-limitless stash; server space = $$)
    4. solo play
    5. multiple difficulty levels
    6. visuals -- i still appreciate the eerie dungeons from 2
    7. magic finding
    8. class balance AND diversity...

not necessarily in that order

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  10. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan Diabloii.Net Member

Flow. A great game can't simply have great parts. It all needs to go together. Even Diablo 2 (as great as it is) has parts where leveling is just tedious and unfun. Who really wants to do a bunch of Chaos runs to get from 20-24? I hope Diablo 3 flows so well that you can have tons of fun playing for 5+ hours straight and only then realize that you've gained 8 levels.

Diversity. Tons of builds, tons of ways to play.

11. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

yeah there is 2 more the last 2 posters made me think of

diversity and shared stash. i want to be able to play the game and actually be unique and not forced into the same build as everyone else to be any good. and the shared stash pretty much explains itself

12. SneakyMilo

SneakyMilo Diabloii.Net Member

Diversity seems to be a really common thread in all the posts. It seems everyone got really sick of seeing the same builds in D2. It's funny how synergies (which were supposed to help the problem) actually contributed to the narrowing of the number of frequently played builds.

13. Iconic Demise

Iconic Demise Diabloii.Net Member

I feel that the ARPG genre is less appropriate to establish complex story-telling mechanisms, so my "lore"-related focus for Diablo III is that Blizzard creates a detailed, immersive background setting for the game to unfold in. I love the Diablo universe, and I want this love to extend through the most recent sequel.

My gameplay-related focus is that I will be able to play a variety of builds that can be relatively (within reason) effective. I understand that "cookie-cutter" builds will develop, I respect that, but I also would relish the opportunity to play different builds without feeling that the proverbial deck has been stacked against me.

Much like TheOgreMan, overall flow and diversity are very important to me.

14. Nefai

Nefai Diabloii.Net Member

Actually seeing some end game loot drop would be nice. I've played D2 since launch and have never seen the bulk of the high end items drop. Never once had a HR drop before the most recent patch. The only time I have ever personally found an SoJ was that patch where you were guaranteed the next available unique ring, so if you had a nagel and manald on you, any unique ring that dropped or you gambled would have to be an SoJ.

Loot should be rare, but not 8-years-of-playing-and-never-found-it rare, ya know? :)

15. Thrakhath

Thrakhath Diabloii.Net Member

Different from most here in that I've never cared at all about items, if they'd removed items from Diablo II altogether I couldn't have cared less. Looks like they're trying to make items more relevant for caster characters now though, so I may change my mind.

The most important things for me are:

1) A skill system that gives a lot of interesting choices, so that I can spend a lot of time planning out different builds

2) Varied gameplay situations that require different tactics, so that I actually have to think a bit rather than spamming the same two skills forever

3) Balance between classes and skills, so that there are genuine choices in how to play