Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's happening?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by olimikrig, Apr 14, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig IncGamers Member

What's happening?

Does I stand alone, or has anybody else experience a 7-8 hours RD by now? I've had RD since 5:00 in the morning...

2. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

Most often RD comes becasue Bliuzzard thinks you are a bot. Not saying you are using them, but that is what the servers think.

The best thing to do with a RD is to log off and not log in for at least an hour, because if you keep trying, the servers seem to extend the RD longer and longer.

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i think theres such a thing as like a 48 hour or 24 hour or something rd.

i heard people talking about it over at bnet forums, no idea how you get it.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

realm downs last up to 48 hours depending on how many times you try to relogin when its not finished.

5. olimikrig

olimikrig IncGamers Member

Okay! That would explain why it was up for so long. I was pindle running, so that might explain why the server taught I was a bot. Anyone have a clue as to how long you're "required" to actually stay in the game, so that I might not encounter too much of this again... It's really annoying, you know ;) (Bet you do).

Edit: Think I've actually found a solution to this one. It seems that if I unplug my modem, and reset my caple connection and re-subscribes it via my internet dealer (done automatically over the internet), that I'm able to undo the RD a enter once again(Sometimes I get an instant RD after exiting my first game, though).

6. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Hmm, so I wasn't the only one afterall. I had a realm down at around 4:15AM (Pacific Time) after doing about 10 Meph runs. I was about to mule something over and got a realm down and eventually got kicked out of the game (followed by realm down). Ended up losing my Trang shield. From what my brothers tell me, it's been down ever since (it's 1:30PM now).