Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

whats good mf gear

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by firemage, Nov 13, 2006.

1. firemage

firemage IncGamers Member

whats good mf gear

this is my first mf sorc and i dont know whats best best mf gear to wear.
    i would like you can help me with telling me good mf gear to wear

2. nebularat

nebularat IncGamers Member

hi.
    i would go for full tal set with gul dagger / alibaba and rhyme / 4ist monach on switch for bosses also war trav boots ,2x nagel rings ,chance guard gloves, this will give u a good amount of mf with survivablility

good luck :smiley:

3. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

if u wanted the best possible mf, u would have ptopazshako, ptopaz skullders, isted baba, isted shield, 2x nagel, goldwrap, travs p gheeds, p chancies, and tons of sc's.. however it would be hard for u to survive hell andy or meph with this sort of build, because ur resistances would be way down..

4. GotFriana

GotFriana IncGamers Member

A good MF setup could be 3 pieces of Tal s set including Ptopaz Armor (112%), amulet and belt (15%), this gives the partial set bonus of +65% MF apart from the MF that comes with the armor and belt, Ptopaz shako (74%), Occulus (50%), chance guard gloves, a Splendor shield (Eth-Lum) or Rhyme shield (Shael-Eth) for a bit of resistances, war traveler boots, you could use a nagel ring or better some rare ones with FCR, resistances and some MF.

With this setup you already have 300% base MF from Tals + Shako + Occy. The rest will add more depending on the stats you get from each item, and you will not be so low on your resistances. Try to keep a good balance between MF, killing speed and survivability.

5. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

i maintain a decent mf of about 400+ with full tals and the other mf stuff, so i guess that would be a very good build for killing meph and andy, as u have a
    lot of resist and decent mf..

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

In my opinion I value importance for magic find as:
    Survival > Killing speed (Damage) > Magic Find
    Basically, if you are unable to tank for a few hits, what's the point for magic find? And if you kill more monsters, it means more drops, which means chance to get items increases. So if you have decent magic find, you will be find to get good items.
    As megafusion suggested, I use full tal's set to magic find. It has a lot of bonus: 150 life, 25% FHR, loads of resist and its magic find power isn't bad at all. My infinity light sorc have 2.2k life with battle order, and it is pretty enough for me to baal run safely, except those NASTY dolls :azn:

7. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

Something basic, Oculus, ShakoHC, Nagelringsx2, Guardianship, War Travs, Chance Guards, That's already a bit over 200, enough to get you through and still have plenty enough to build up your resistance. Get a plus50 MF charm.

8. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Gheeds' magic find are 40% max.