Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's Going On???

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mrsidster, Apr 14, 2005.

1. mrsidster

mrsidster IncGamers Member

What's Going On???

I've just gotten a brand new d2 game with xpansion(battlechest) and and am trying to install it on a mac. Everything's fine until it asks to insert the play cd during installation. what happens is the cd spins for a second then gets spit back out. Im not too familiar with macs. im a PC kinda guy so for the uber 'mac'ers out there. any help would be appreciated. Thnx.

2. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Strange. What kind of Mac are you using? On my G5 every once in a while it would do that to my install discs for WoW or D2 back when I installed it, but I could just stick it back in once or twice and it would work.

Only other thing I can think of is that the CD is messed up. It's only one of the CDs, right?

3. mrsidster

mrsidster IncGamers Member

Yea its just the play CD(so far)

Im runninng a: MAC OS X, 450 MHz, PowerPC G3.

Its weird cause i just got the game today brand new!

4. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

It's been a while since I've installed Diablo--I'm guessing you have to install things off of the play CD? If not, you could try copying it or making a disc image to run off of.

Let me ask you this--does it work when you're not putting in as part of the install process? In other words, if you just start up the computer and plop the play CD in there, will it show up on the desktop?

Also, can you test it in another computer? If it works in another computer, I'd suggest taking advantage of that AppleCare program that I just know you got (I certainly hope you did, anyway) and call Apple up for advice. They might know something you and I don't about your particular model.

Also--its a laptop, I'm assuming? Which model? iBook, G3 laptop, what? Not sure if it'll help to know, but it might.