Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats Best Necromancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by SIMPPLE, Jun 19, 2005.

1. SIMPPLE

SIMPPLE Diabloii.Net Member

Whats Best Necromancer

I am thinking about makeing a Necromancer after i am done with my sorceress what kind should i make

2. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

I recommend a Summoner Necro. I just love them, I have one myself with an impressive army of 57 minions. It's real great fun. If you want a guide:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=509

Why a Summoner? Well:
    -He is easy to play, you will never die if you play well (being surrounded by skeletons at all times)
    -A Poisonmancer suxx at Hell
    -A Bone Necro can be good, but is more PvP, and sux in PvM, because he dies easely.
    -A good built Summoner owns both in PvP and PvM (if you have Enigma), except against sorcs.
    -If you wanna duel a Barb or any other melee char, have fun and cast Iron Maiden on him lol :lol:

I hope I was persuasive enough :thumbsup:
    Try a Summoner, it's just incredibile fun, and owns anything, from normal Fallens to Hell Baal.

3. SIMPPLE

If make my bone necro should I raise every skelle if i did that would lag out some of my friends comp and that would make it so I couldent play with them very easily

And I cant ever find good runes for a enigma and on ladder i have a realy hard time finding good items :(

4. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

Bone necro, do you mean Summoner or a Bone Magic necro (using bone spear)? Well, Everybody says skels lag etc, but I play D2 on my 233 Mhz (ye its crap I know) and I only lag when changing areas. (or when baal makes his minions)

My summoner is currently using Trang armor and trang gloves, no eni for me yet. But still hes good :thumbsup: . If I had a Ber........ I have the armor, a Jah and an Ith, but no @$%&%* Ber...

5. leddan

leddan Diabloii.Net Member

A poisonmancer does not suck in hell. I used my poison/skellymancer hybrid to rush hell for a long time.
    A bone necro can do rushes also. Granted they're more geared for PvP, they can do PvM as well. Just not as easily as a skellymancer.
    A good build summoner works well in PvP & PvM, but it can be owned in PvP as well by certian other well built charachters.
    Iron Maiden is also considered bad mannered in duels.

I do agree that a skellymancer is extremely fun & also a great MF'er/Rusher, but I do think you over exaggerated the other info in your post :(

6. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

I have bone/summon hybrid necro and he is my main mf char this ladder season hehe. It works with or without godly gear (i have build both) and you need to hit at least 48-75fcr for PvM item running/questing. If you are curious:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=338630

Summoner is fun and full trangs or uniqs set up works fine. Posionmancers don't suck but a death's web adds much power to build :D Cheers

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls Diabloii.Net Member

Someone is a misinformed necro if venomancer and bone builds suck for pvm...and a summoner owns in pvp...as well as the comment about a venomancer sucking in hell.

Granted I'm partial to summoners...mainly the commando build...but I've built and rebuilt some damn good rushing venomancer and bone builds that can handle pvm very well...and pvp as well.

Maybe the one's you built might have sucked in hell for whatever reason...but ask anyone who has decent equipment and a properly built venomacer or bone necro if there's sux in hell.

HoS

8. Damric

Damric Diabloii.Net Member

Agreed, a well built poisoner is just as good as a well built boner is just as good as a well built summoner.

Hybrids are the ones that people usually mess up and end up sucking.

A really good cheap necro is a full Trang's set poisoner, with a few revives as backup. Trang's full set is very inexpensive, but has nice stats + a nice firewall. You can buy one on ladder for 40 perfect gems or less.

9. k/t

k/t Banned

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! I'm using a 233 MHz Pentium 2, and I lag a lot when changing areas and at Baal. 15-20 second screen freezes! Admit it, you lag at other times too. Like when running into a group of monsters with your summoner and he takes a swing because of mis-click. Extra lag then. And when clicking the Altar Of Heavens. A lot of lag then. And going down the steps from the WP into the Bloody Foothills. Laaag. And going into Duriel's chamber. More lag. At last someone who shares and understands my pain. :clap:
    Summoner DOES lag more than other characters, but if you have a good computer you won't feel it. If you play Single Player you'll lag a lot less too, even if you have a crappy computer.

10. skilledlord

skilledlord Diabloii.Net Member

wow I remember my first comp was a 233 mhz pentium 2 comp. I played d2 for a while on that one. but that was like 8 years ago...I only played on single then because my friend was telling me that i would lag like crazy on bnet. But now playing d2 on my new comps are like ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

o i recommend summoner or bone.

11. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

What kind of gameplay do you like?

12. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

If you have weak gear, then you won't be quite safe as the normal idea of being surrounded by many Skellies may sound. In higher acts of Hell, your skellies WILL go down like twigs especially against those Lightning Enchanted Bugs in A2, Gloams in A5, Moon Lords or those walking Cow dudes with red eyes, etc.

I suggest Bone Nec, just because Spears are strong. :thumbsup:

- Dennis

13. Dancolen

Dancolen Diabloii.Net Member

/shrug. Lvled a 70ish summoner nec in Single player A1 norm to A4 hell so far with no twink whatsoever.

Occasionally a skellie die... rarely.

He has a peasent crown and a +2 nec skills wand(buy at vendor) and a +2 skel mast head(shield).

Never seen my skels drop like twigs, cept for a4 diablo norm when i didnt have summon resist. Fanatic moon lords might pose a problem, but for who do they not pose a problem, they would utterly destroy a bone necro untwinked. Gloams and dune bugs dont kill my skellies, thats what 3-5 points in summon resist is for.

I still fail to see how anyone calls 20 RS and 20 SM weak in hell /players 1

Bone is weaker than heck... gotta run around like a chicken with your head cut off dodging things because you only got lvl 1 RS and lvl 1 SM and that one skellie dies in 1 hit, then your merc gets swamped and hes dead too and theres just gumby... who goes down quick too....

Now youve killed a few monsters, but here comes 10 spears or 8 lightning shots or frenzied frenzytaurs.

Bone is the best necro twinked(because lvl 12 RS/SM isnt too bad of a wall with + skills), but for weak gear, summoner is only one imo that can go the distance untwinked.

Yes you may have a 2.5k-3k bone spear untwinked maybe.... but you have nothing else besides that bone spear if you are untwinked. You might have revives, but that would cost too many points and you couldnt max synergies.

You might use attract, but that wont last very long untwinked, and is viable and might make a untwinked bone nec possible.

But generally an untwinked bone nec is going to be running for his life and getting destroyed by ranged attacks hitting him all the time because he has no blockers for himself. You can argue bone wall or prison, but most dont like prison, and wall doesnt seem to attract the attention of monsters as much as a skeleton does.

14. SIMPPLE

but ive seen bone necro (my friends) solo in hell with a lvl 78merc (easy to get there) clay golem (only pt one point in it its his stuff that makes it huge) and decritify (or whatever the curse that slows is) and he rushed my sorce and did baal solo easy

15. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

If you've never played a build with minions, give summoners a shot. They are lots of fun and have the potential to become not just very survivable but very powerful with expensive gear. They are also a great way to become acquainted with all the curses since they offer newer necro players a nice safe wall of minions to operate behind. They also aren't very gear intensive so tend to be popular for MFing.

Nothing in my experience kills hordes of regular monsters faster than poison/skeleton hybrids, but you will want some pricey gear for such a build and poison is kind of weak against bosses so you will have to rely on toned down skeletons to finish the job which takes a while. This is the first build I've put together that I was really blown away by. Get the gear for it first though.

Bonemancers are great in PvP and PvM and have a surprising amount of gameplay variety for a build that dumps the majority of its points into 2-3 attack skills. People who try to play BMs like sorcs or hammerdins by just spamming bonespear all the time aren't taking full advantage of the build. You should have at least 1 AI curse for dealing with ranged attackers and not using bonewall is just silly.

Haven't tried one of these yet, but I'm getting the impression that skeleton/bone hybrids are one of the strongest necro PvM builds for handling both bosses and regular monsters. With the marrow walk bug you can have as many synergies as if you were a normal BM who didn't use the bug.

16. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 Diabloii.Net Member

My favorite necromancer is the kind with a mullet and red pants.

17. sad

sad Diabloii.Net Member

I went through the entire game with my bonemancer untwinked. It is pretty hard to screw up, since once you get bone spear you shouldn't have a problem the entire game. I used prison though, so that might affect how you can handle monsters, and the maggot lair was slow waiting on my walls/prisons to die, but I was neve in too much danger of dying after lvl 18.

18. sequoia

sequoia Diabloii.Net Member

which would be better with a small amount of points left,

revives or skels? would revives be *strong* with less points in it (but mastery still maxed)

19. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Skellies need at least 21 points to be useful Meatshields. For that number of points you can have amazing Revives. If you have a small number of skillpoints I would go with Revives.

20. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

Which Necro is best?

Whichever you enjoy playing the most! Simple really...

From most of the above posts of people reccomending their personal faves you should be able to see that all necro types can be very powerful and should not have too much trouble playing the game, so basically its up to you to decide which you enjoy the most.

have fun :)