What's a "JMod"? (newbie alert!)

Sys

Diabloii.Net Member
What's a "JMod"? (newbie alert!)

The title pretty much sums it up.. despite using the search I didn't quite find the answer :/
Something to do with bugged magical items? Am I totally lost? :)
I'd appriciate if someone would be kind enough to briefly explain this.. Thanks in advance!

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: What's a "JMod"? (newbie alert!)

Jeweler's monarch of deflecting.

4 sockets from jewelers mod, along with increased blocking from deflecting. This allows you the ability to customize while maintaining max block.

Sys

Diabloii.Net Member

thanks a bunch for the quick reply :) I was just browsing AS and figured jewelers monarch of.., was just searching for some good suffixes but you had replied here already saving me from the trouble :)

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member

Don't forget that one had four 5/5 light facets in it. And it went really cheap. Jmod is worth ~30HRs when it's CLEAN.

Jaquiezz

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm sure it went cheap, it's a pretty common dupe, and since it's duped much less than hr's and other items, and only a few legit ones are around they are usually less prone to poof. A legit Jmod that has a solid history will go for far more than 30hrs. I would almost expect to pay 30hrs for the dupe.

vknez

Diabloii.Net Member

i saw once game named o 3 sox jmod :laugh:

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member

well, naming items is a good way to PROVE that they are not dupped.. too bad it looks so silly later on.. : (

jimmah

Diabloii.Net Member

How does that prove it is not duped?

Trade a duped jmod -> name it -> proof?

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member

I meant if you found a jmod and named it, then traded it it would be an unlikely target for duping :pp

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

Thats retarded. Just hel the facets out.
That's waay too sophisticated for your average D2 player.

Anyway you can never know if something was named before or after it was duped. The only thing naming does is if you found something that you don't want others to dupe, but since people trade for items they *know* are dupes it'll probably get duped anyway.

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member

Thats retarded. Just hel the facets out.
Nono, I meant the shield had the 5/5 facets in it, each one worth 3-4 HR, and its still went cheap, although the facets were worth ~14 hrs and the shield was worth ~30 :whistling: Jewels and runes lose value when they are put in an item but, still..

Who would ever want to hel 14 HRs away? :crazyeyes:

Stevomoo

Diabloii.Net Member

you may think that 30 hr is cheap, but look at the link again and see how much i payed for it :thumbup:

Still think 30 hr is cheap??

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

I'll say it like this, Sys. Asking the question automatically promoted you above other newbies. One day I joined a game "O light JMOD", or whatever it's called. Just for fun, and to look at a real JMOD.

Turns out there was nothing to look at. That was no JMOD, but a simple grey monarch with 4sox, filled with 5/5 facets. No "OD" and no "J", only "M".

And then that guy tried to CONVINCE me it's a JMOD. I asked him: "what does JMOD stand for?". He said "omg noob" and left.

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

I'll say it like this, Sys. Asking the question automatically promoted you above other newbies. One day I joined a game "O light JMOD", or whatever it's called. Just for fun, and to look at a real JMOD.

Turns out there was nothing to look at. That was no JMOD, but a simple grey monarch with 4sox, filled with 5/5 facets. No "OD" and no "J", only "M".

And then that guy tried to CONVINCE me it's a JMOD. I asked him: "what does JMOD stand for?". He said "omg noob" and left.
he obviously meant jeweled monarch of death ctc light facets :highfive:

JustAnother

Diabloii.Net Member

are these jmods still findable? i.e. they arnt hacked/ 0.9 items or anything?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

They are findable, just incredibly rare. 1:15K for blue Monarchs and on top of that, Monarchs can't be shopped.

EDIT For a reference, Chance for Ruby jewel of Fervor is 1:3.5K

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

...but that's for any ruby/fervor jewel, isn't it? So to score a 40/15 one you'd have to have 10 times as much luck as you'd need just to score ruby/fervor.