Whats a good Starter build for ladder reset

Whats a good Starter build for ladder reset

Ive never played a sorceress so I guess thats out of the question I have some experiance with a hammerdin but im not GG with them the only other class I can think of is a Summoner Necromandcer I used to be GG with them on expansion but then again classic is a new game all together(also dont say " just go play expansion " cause expansion is full of morons who would nark on there own mothors " ) so Basicly should I go 20 skelly/20 mastery/20 Clay golem/20 Golem mastery/5 Revive and 10 corpse explode? would this be viable in hell? or should I try make a Sorc? so confusing....Also Im probly gonna play US WEST SC but I might switch to west HC if I find a char im gg with.

HegemonKhan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Whats a good Starter build for ladder reset

if u doing west realm, SC, NL, look for me!! i've only seen like 6 total players there so far.

the orb rusher sorc is really the BEST for a first character. see akuma's glitched orb rusher or my posts on orb rushers.

the reason it IS the best:

1. fastest (best) rusher for any otehr character u make or for friends because of teleport skill and FCR gear.

2. can kill most of the game EXCEPT cold immune monsters and areas with them

3. with teleport and FCR gear u can go right by the cold immune monsters and areas with them.

4. 2nd best mf'er (bliz is best) but u got better travel speed compared to blizzard sorc but blizzard can kill faster.

5. should almost never die since u can dump nearly all pts into vit. only need some str/dex for gear (or none if u got godly rings, amulet, boots, or 3 socketed mask with str/dex). for if u want certain armors than u can need up to 100 str (100 str= silks, ~75 str=goldfind, etc.).

6. very simple build, both skills and stats. might take a bit to get the gear (FCR unique gear or MF gear).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if u have never done a sorc before, who cares! just do what akuma or i say in our guide threads/posts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
do NOT do a sumoner unless u gonna do HC. they are jsut too slow in moving through the game (and u'll jsut love narow spaces....magot lair....did u see the movie 300? what good is 10,000 troops (a summoner) when only 100 of them can engage the "spartans"
(monsters) because of the choosen terran of sea and cliff passage (magot lair) ).

Barl

Diabloii.Net Member

Why would you... play a summon necro... for the ladder reset?...

If you have a reset team together, talk to them about what char you should use. I'd go with an orber. If you're by yourself, hammerdin would probably work, albeit a bit boring.

EagleEntek

Diabloii.Net Member

Wouldnt these builds require starter gear ? Or are things like orb sorcs and the like easy to start from scratch with no equipment? Im assuming the latter as they are mentioned more than other chars.

*Oh and alot of people would go for summon necros as they dont need gear to get started and can manage without much gear even in theyre later levels - but i assume most spellcasters can do that - even a naked hammerdin can kill :thumbup:

GreyMonkey

Diabloii.Net Member

Orb sorcs are great, but I think I'm going to go with a fireball sorc as my first character. Its basically going to be an Andy/Meph glitcher, and the only reason I'm going with fireball is because it'll be the easiest to level (I don't have a team set up to help me level, and obviously i can't be rushed/chanted). Orb sorcs are painful to level from 1-30 without help, and fireball sorcs are almost as efficient when it comes to glitching but much much easier to level.

Palm

Diabloii.Net Member

once you get good at playing sorc you wont want to play anything else. It's the hardest and most pro choice. Gogo HC sorc.

SHINOBIPANDA

Diabloii.Net Member

hmm im probably going to make a hammerdin as my first char because i want to get him to the high 90's. it seems like a rush orber is what most people are going to make so it will be easier for me to get a hammerin up 2 cs fast cause i dont play like every day. my friend is makeing a orb rusher and he's on all the time so in like a week or something he'll be like lvl 80 rusher and he will rush me. :)

HisInfernalMajesty

Diabloii.Net Member

i am planning to make either an orb or blizzard sorceress.
but most likely it will be orb. those free points for teleport will really help on mana.
at least until i find soj or mana rings and a shard.

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member

It will probably be very funny with all these orb sorcs trying to get to hell act4; hopefully some people will make other classes (hammerdins?) that will actually be able to clear travincal, viper temple and CS.

Lestumpette

Diabloii.Net Member

Barl ... Summon Necro is far and away my preferred choice for a ladder starter. The reason is simple. I play Hardcore and I want to minimise my risk of death and in my experience a Necro is best at that.

I play on a wireless connection that regularly drops out without warning. Under these circumstances if you play in a way that positions your character such that if you suddenly experience a disconnect, you are not the target of attacks. Your minions soak up the hits until the game drops you. All other characters are dependant on their life, defence and/or resists when this happens. Now if you have great gear you will probably be OK, but this is a ladder reset ... the character does NOT have great gear and is overall pretty poorly.

A good connection means you can pretty much play any character.

After my summoner is in Hell collecting the good gear for a while I then go on the make other characters

Lorg

Diabloii.Net Member

It will probably be very funny with all these orb sorcs trying to get to hell act4; hopefully some people will make other classes (hammerdins?) that will actually be able to clear travincal, viper temple and CS.
Hmmm. Most orbers go only to act 3 in hell due to fact that most r andy and memph glitchers. So no Cs in hell 4 them.

As what comes to viper temple one just needs to tele there not kill everything (pretty sure you do it the same way). Fcr and fhr items can be harvested easily enough from nm cs runs, before hell. Acts 1, 2 and 3 in hell are basically just teleporting. To get the Khalims parts. Travi is bit of a problem. But can be done. Ofcourse this just for soft core. For example would not tele to hell viper in HC without Bo....

HegemonKhan

Diabloii.Net Member

Originally Posted by fledgeling:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'd love to see 100 orbers and only 400 hammerdins instead of 500 hamerdins for a change:D

at least its mass orb characters now instead of hammerdins. at least there's a slight change now!!! :p
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
on a serious note now:

having all these orbers or hammerdins IS bad for party play, BUT the reason for making orbers and hamemrdins is to help u get started and "off the ground". orbers/hamemrdins let u rush other characters and mf which is what everyone needs for their own use. but it does hinder party play if everyone is a hamemrdin/orber to start off with.

CBK

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I am making a Hammerdin, and the reason is quite good. First, I'll be able to use this character to get some items without MF'ing, since am planning on getting him 90-92 and diablo drops without pickit(thanks god ladder for reset, hope it lasts quite a bit) are gg. Second, I'll be able to use this character to be my first dueler, since it's not a big difference what makes a CS hammerdin and a PvP hammerdin, so that should be a fun start. Third, at least IMO, after level @45-50 hammerdins start getting quite viable, and thats around when you're starting hell(hopefully), and it is when you get to hell thats things start getting complicated.

I think that's the reason most people start with hammerdins(those who do), it is a great start and you can use them to rush your sorc later on.

Anyhow, I agree that for a matter of change it would be nice to see more sorcs than hammerdins for once, but I don't really think that is what we should worry; what am asking myself is, will there be barbs to BO us?(of course there would be, but a lot of them? o_O)

Lorg

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I am making a Hammerdin, and the reason is quite good. First, I'll be able to use this character to get some items without MF'ing, since am planning on getting him 90-92 and diablo drops without pickit(thanks god ladder for reset, hope it lasts quite a bit) are gg. Second, I'll be able to use this character to be my first dueler, since it's not a big difference what makes a CS hammerdin and a PvP hammerdin, so that should be a fun start. Third, at least IMO, after level @45-50 hammerdins start getting quite viable, and thats around when you're starting hell(hopefully), and it is when you get to hell thats things start getting complicated.

I think that's the reason most people start with hammerdins(those who do), it is a great start and you can use them to rush your sorc later on.

Anyhow, I agree that for a matter of change it would be nice to see more sorcs than hammerdins for once, but I don't really think that is what we should worry; what am asking myself is, will there be barbs to BO us?(of course there would be, but a lot of them? o_O)
Barb is not very bad start build either. Just build the standard 170 str mf/popper. Should be many start groups to join. Hammerdins speed up leveling after they hit 18. ID every ring to get some mana leech and after 30 lv its pretty smooth sailing. Cant go wrong statwise. Almost everyone makes a gf barb eventually, so nothing lost there.

Even without party start is ez. Just buy scepter and bash your way to act 2 in no time. If no wps available ull end around 16 lv, if u do cain etc. Next mission is obtain warhammer (which r pretty powerful) or maul. If no Cows available where hdins level you, you can join games and run normal travi + memph (ez to run to in normal) after tombruns. Its not uber exp, but reasonable and gets u close to 30 while you can find stuff like angelics etc along the way. Damn gtg ----------

HegemonKhan

Diabloii.Net Member

a different but good idea (IF u have otehrs with concentration paladins) is to instead for your hammerdin to use salvation instead of concentration as u should be able to find and party with plenty of concentration hammerdins. salvation is the answer to a hammerdins resist problem. it alows u to mf even, since u can devout all or nearly all gear to mf instead of resists since u using salvation to make up for it.

barty

Diabloii.Net Member

standard 170 or 250 str popper, orb/stat, h-din, blizzer all of them sounds good to me starting off, fballer sounds like fun. so does some sort of party nec with ce...or a bonerexploder. cant wait to play thru act3 again legit, without skipping the whole act.
heh, cant wait for low level duels to become prevalent in hc again, they unususally are fun and more numerous at the new ladder.

Mirrislegend

Diabloii.Net Member

heh, cant wait for low level duels to become prevalent in hc again, they unususally are fun and more numerous at the new ladder.
Arent duels on HC kinda sadistic? You lose all your gear and all your progress if you fail to be victorious, and you have it on your conscience that you ruined someone else's hard work...

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member

Arent duels on HC kinda sadistic? You lose all your gear and all your progress if you fail to be victorious, and you have it on your conscience that you ruined someone else's hard work...
Most use hacks to avoid the death screen. However those who still play legit do what you just said. Only thing is that they dont really feel so bad when dying. After all dueling this way is the ultimate rush for pvpers in d2. "Will I die or will I win?"

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member

Are there any legit duels on HC? On NL like 75% of people are using dupes.. so I bet the number would be similar with hacks, unfortunately : (

edit: yay my connection works

barty

Diabloii.Net Member

well hit me up for legit duels, i dont hack. but yes thats the the point is my setup/items w/e going to work with my build to kill this person, and yah dude losing like 85's in pvp hc is really really hardocre. it can take someone like me a few months to get 85, if i make a few diff cahrs u know. then to lose it in a duel, :( hey there is always loooooot.
but u need a looter for that to work and u cant really have a slave on call 24/7. i dont even load. but yah dude lemme tell yah, for the past few years mfing for me has been the bread and butter, sc dueling is fun, but the most fun u will ever have is dueling HC.
hell u can make a lld in hc quickly, and hey its only like15-25 lvls anyways. laff. more people need to lld in hc, even to just try it hc dueling, its way better than anything u can do to get enjoyment out of game. period.

Last edited: