What's a good setup for a fireclaws bear?

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member
What's a good setup for a fireclaws bear?

I was thinking of this:
Helm: Jalals with fire facet
Armor: Don't know (probably jewellers armor of the whale with fire facets)
Weapon: Phase blade "shael shael shael shael" and 2 ias jewels
Shield: 4 facet monarch
Amulet: I would rather take a rising sun than maras or +3 shapeshifting amulet. Gives 2 to fireclaws, ctc a meteor which is boosted by your facets and the most important mod: Enough fire absorb to be practically immune to fire.
Belt: Arachs
Gloves: I would rather take hellmouth than magefist. Ctc on striking works great with a 4 fpa attack. You get both ctc firestorm and meteor. Both are boosted by facets and casted quite often. The extra absorb will make fire attacks heal you even more.
Ring 1: Ravenfrost
Ring 2: Carrion wind. Gives another ctc on striking. While this does pitiful damage, it'll stun the enemy for 10 frames. Because of nextdelay it can only hit the monster once every 25 frames, but with this attack speed you should have the enemy stunned about 25% of the time.
Boots: Gore riders
Switch: Demonlimb and another 4 fire facet monarch

Merc: Hf with infinity

With this I miss out on some +skills and some defensive mods, but I get good ctc effects and loads of fire absorb. Any suggestions?

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: What's a good setup for a fireclaws bear?

PvM

(I'm writing this because my post has to be 10 characters or more)

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member

better:
Grief pb, fortitude, highlords, 2raven, ss, bloodfists, gores, Tgods. Don't bother facets if just pvm, shaels & ums are more well rounded. With both physical/fire dmg, you have no dead matchups in PvM, going only fire you'll run into problems.:yes:

Added physical > added fire from facets.

- all sorb is capped at 50%
- fire damage from monsters is insignificant compared to light dmg from monsters (souls). Therefore, light sorb (tgods) is more prominent.
- shockwave takes care of anything else... souls are deadly 'cause they have huge range, hard to get to
- carrion does nothing. You lose good block and AR, go ravens ftw. The chance to cast twister is like 5%... and the stun that you're playing up is like 0.5 seconds (aka non-existent)
- ctc firestorm on hellmouth will slow you down more than help you.:yes:

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member

^^ what jary said although its 0.4 seconds you slut. GET IT RIGHT.

hellmouth really sucks bro. i know you may think its good, but theres much better options that jary has outlined for you.

i already explained why in another thread why carrion wind sucks so hopefully you take that advice and not get fool'd into thinking the ctc twister is actually useful.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Grief? 7 frames per attack? No thanks

I can use that on switch against immunes, but I really want 4 fpa. I still like enchancing fire damage more than physical damage, and with demonlimb my ar problems will become smaller, so raven isn't that needed.

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member

^^ what jary said although its 0.4 seconds you slut. GET IT RIGHT.
Doh! There goes my credibility lol. I didn't have my D2 Encyclopedia in front of me sry = P :ashamed:

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member

The you're not a Druid Veteran :p.

I <3 you Jary :D

Untwinked, a Six Shael weapon is going to be best. Twinked, it's better to mix physical as well as fire damage. Of course, Lister will still be a hassle since he likes to spawn phys and fire immunities -_-. Bastard.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Can't I just have a immune-killer on switch instead? I want to max out fire damage

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, sometimes it gets annoying to change though, especially in hell where every other creature is fire resistant >.>.

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

Emilio makes for a great fire immune killer, even that Infinity you're thinking of sticking on him will do (more for the huge damage and crushing blow, it's not going to break many fire immunes in hell). If you can afford an Infinity I'd think of something fast with solid damage like an eBotD great poleaxe or something similar could do nicely, and there are certainly other options. With proper use of shockwave you should really never have to worry about the merc either.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member

It's been awhile since I ran with my fire druid ... years even ... but iirc I wouldnt even bother with facets as your damage (if charmed/geared decent) will kill stuff not immune to fire so fast anyways ... i'd go for resist. I believe I setup something like this ..

Jalals - um/resist jewel with mod
+3 ss ammy w/ resist or +life (I have a personal passionate hate for mara so I never used it on any characters)
pb w/ 110 ias/resist or 110 ias/ar
ss with shael or um
CoH
Mage fist
t storm belt
waterwalks ... aldurs is a cheap alternative
raven frost
bul kath

then just get a merc ... act 2 works best as usual ... but any geared merc will do the trick to kill FI.

If you cant gear a merc ... have shaeled bstar and tiamats rebuke (i think thats the name going off memory) on weapon switch. Add some/any +resist sc's and ss gc's and an annih / forgot the name of the large charm w/ +3 .. and you are set to go.

I went max block ... as well ... it works ... if you want to go cheaper on the shield and such get a gerkes ... awesome shield.