Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats a Good Meteor Sorc Build?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by PinoyPower, Apr 17, 2005.

1. PinoyPower

PinoyPower IncGamers Member

Whats a Good Meteor Sorc Build?

What should i put into wat if im focusing on Meteor?

2. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

You should check the stickied post about the different guides.

Did you even read any of the introduction stuff when you registered for this forum? Its usually customary to read the first couple of posts that are stickied. You'll learn a lot that way and not have to ask these questions that are annoyingly asked everyday.

3. PinoyPower

PinoyPower IncGamers Member

i did actually but the closes thing i saw to a Meteor Sorc was a Metorb sorc. and i dont want a Meteorb sorc.

4. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

other then maxing meteor, u should max fire mastery, fireball and firebolt (believed those are the names).

5. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

Because single element builds don't do well in Hell difficulty, most people don't waste their time to make an in-depth guide for it. However, if you really wanted a Pure Meteor build, you could basically do this:

20 Meteor
    20 Fireball
    20 Firebolt
    20 Fire Mastery
    1 Warmth

Thats 84 skill points right there. Optionally, you can max out Hydra since you already have its synergies maxed out. After that, you'll have 5 points left. Of course, having only fire skills, you'll end up screwed if you ever encounter a group of Fire Immunes in Hell. Unless your merc (hopefully a HF merc) is well equipped, he won't be able to take them all on alone. And you're completely screwed if you end up facing a Fire Immune/Physical Immune (I've seen plenty of those).

6. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Don't forget Inferno which is also one of Meteor's synergies. Static and Teleport are also highly recommended :)

Don't bother with Hydra - you'll have all the fire damage you'll ever want with Meteor/Fireball. Use any remaining points for a better Static radius, or possibly a cold armor.

7. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

if this sorc has very good gear, her FB will have 10k+ splash fire dmg per shot and you can easily spam about 3 FB per sec. And your Meteor will do 20K+ area fire dmg on impact (if I still remember this number). And even your Hydra (if maxed also) will do huge dmg per shot per head.

Imagine what if you play this sorc teamed with someone playing a pure Blizzard sorc and both sorcs are 85+: I don't know how many monsters in Hell won't die in a sec or two. And I guess even the strongest in NN/Norm will almost instantly die on touching your fire/cold attacks (unless they are dual immune).