Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats a good build for aulders?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by xpumafangx, Apr 11, 2005.

1. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Whats a good build for aulders?

I have a full set sitting around on ladder I have been thinking about what to do with this set on and off for some time. I like were druids more then ele druids. What should I do with this set?

2. Madcat

Madcat IncGamers Member

Runeworded items would be a far better choice over the full set.

3. Raistlin_Majere

Raistlin_Majere IncGamers Member

I agree with Madcat that there are (much) better options than aldurs.

It can certainly be done however.

The problem going were druid is that the weapon does fairly low damage.

I have a full aldur druid using fire elemental skills and he does fairly well (most skills in the fire tree, 1 in oak and 1 in grizzly). Reason for going fire rather than wind is that wind needs some fcr while fire can do without.

If you want to go were I'd recommend a build that do not rely on physical damage - like a fireclaw/rabies hybrid.

I hope this helps :)

Raistlin

4. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Ok well as I don't often frequent other forums other than the SPF I guess I could throw in some opinionation here. (Since I'm passing by to get some information anyways :D)

Most people will right-out tell you the worst thing about the Aldur's Set is the weapon. Horrible damage. Period.

I'll agree the damage isn't as great as some of the weapons out there, but I think something Melee-oriented can be done.

For one, it has three sockets, IAS, and dual leech. This frees up quite a few different slots in your equipment.

I'm pretty sure with Shaels(Maybe ED/IAS) in those three sockets would be enough to get a decent frame swing on a Wolf Druid. In fact with 20 points in Werewolf I think you reach 7 frame Fury without additional IAS. So +Damage would be great in those three sockets.

The overall set bonuses are amazing. +45 to all attributes, 350% Off-Weapon ED%. It's not at all impossible to get decent damage going. I think an Aldur's druid focused around Fury with HoW a good chunk in Vitality, and some skill. I'm currently working on my own Aldur's Druid in single player. He's fun so far(No full set yet).

Though I wouldn't recommend it for constant Baal runs, if you just want to get through the game, it's probably not impossible on a regular melee build.

5. Draco

Draco IncGamers Member

I agree with it that u can better use uniques/runeword's BUT if u really wanna use aldurs i think u should make an elementer, or a shapeshifter with Fire claw skill (aldur's weapon dont gots great dmg so fire claw will give u some)

** if using fire claw, bear or wolf doesnt matter that badly... so choose what u like**

Cheers, Draco

6. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

I made a similar post on the SPF a little while ago, and there seems to be a lot of interest in Aldur's kit of late.

Best build (from the other discussions on the matter) seems to be a fire-claw wereform. The attack speed is irrelevant of whether you're a bear or not. Given that the complete set gives a 150% AR bonus, and that you'll possibly have dex for blocking as well as the +45 from the complete set, the wolf's AR bonus isn't necessary, so I'm going with a bear myself. Don't neglect points in Oak Sage and Grizzly.

I'm trying a damage route myself, so I'm guessing I'll go with a Fireclaws bear, which allows Maul, and a Might merc. I figure my defense will be high enough, and my Grizzly can tank.

That +45 all is actually incredible, especially in light of the fact that you'll use no energy, and the highest strength requirement in the kit is 115. On top of this, the armour itself gives 20 strength and 15 dex. (You can get away with 50 str for the whole kit. Only 61 and you can use a Stormshield! You could even gem the helm to get away with less.)

7. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Hm.

If you are rich you could use Phoenix as the shield:

100% Chance To Cast level 40 Blaze When You Level-up
    40% Chance To Cast Level 22 Firestorm On Striking
    Level 13 Redemption Aura When Equipped
    +350-400% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -28% To Enemy Fire Resistance
    +10% Enhanced Defense
    +350-400 Defense Vs. Missile (varies)
    +50 To Life
    +5% To Maximum Lightning Resist
    +10% To Maximum Fire Resist
    +15-21 Fire Absorb (varies)

and use fully synergized fire claws.

Level 20 fully synergized fire claws: 4594-4836 Fire Damage.
    Level 22 fully synergized firestorm: 1266-1470 Fire Damage, which I think would go off quite frequently.

Add the -28% to enemy fire resistance, and that is a lot of fire damage.

3 shaels in the weapon will give 8fps fire claw attack.
    (2 shaels and a 15 IAS jewel would also do the job.)

Skills would be:
    20 in Firestorm
    20 in Molten Boulder
    20 in Fissure
    20 in Volcano
    20 in Fire Claws
    Rest in pre-requisites. (Shapeshifting happens to be pre-requisites for Fire Claws.)

If you can afford Phoenix, why would you ever use the aldurs set!?
    Because you glow of course! :)

8. Nolomite

Nolomite IncGamers Member

Not a regular in this forum, but I wanted to add that I've got a lvl 87 Windy that has used Aldur's set since he could were the armor; Sure, you don't get the FCR you need from the set, but you get good resists and an endless supply of Mana. I've socketed the silly weap with elemental damage jewels, to help with the CI/PI's.

PvM Windy is such a strong build that not even the Aldur's set can keep it from being effective. Also, you'll get a bunch of strength bonuses with which to equip your Spirit Monarch, so you can 'back into' a nice chunk of FCR that way.

I wouldn't recommend it, but I would recommend considering it.

9. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Doubt I'd use a Phoenix... way too much effort for good block and res. Sure, Damage is nice and all, but playing hardcore I prefer staying alive to dealing damage.

Mosers (upped) and Whitstan are cheap options. Storm is not a cheap option, but great anyway.

FC werebear w/ shockwave works best imo, though you'll have a hard time with Fire Immunes.

10. logger120

logger120 IncGamers Member

try a fury, fireclaws, rabies, or hybrid bear or wolf. personally i love the FC/rabies hybrid because it requires good skill planning and you'll still be placing valuable pts at lvl 90+ (if you can get there). fury/rabies is also a sweet build. if you have any fire or poison facets they can really help aldurs weapon in FC or rabies builds. if you do go FC/rabies you'll need to use carrion wind ring for the charge synergy so you can save some skill pts for FC synergies.

11. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

So far I like the fire claws bear. I like phoenix sheild ideal but still I am not rich or I would have done some thing else.