Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!
  1. aStaticLullabye

aStaticLullabye Banned

What?!

I have been playing D2 since it came out...and ive been playing the same disc of D2X as well since it came out....all of a sudden my cd-rom drive doesnt believe that the disc is in the drive?! I just went out and bought a new copy of the expansion set and it still doesnt believe me that its in the drive!!! Can anyone please help me with suggestions to fix this problem please i need diablo now!!

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

posting the same thing in multiple forums is considered spam

3. evild2player

evild2player IncGamers Member

I think it is your cd drive's problem.

4. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

i got 2 drives that can play cds, so if i have this problem i usually put it in the other drive, mayb u should try if u can

5. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

even if it is spam, try to post something mildly helpful/useful/related to topic. I consider your post spam too.

On topic, I think something's wrong with your drive. If a brand new copy doesn't work it's your drive's problem. I think i had this problem too on one of my computers luckily I had 2 drives, 1 a dvd so i just switch it around.

6. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

First and foremost, make sure there's no third party programs on your computer (specifically "no-cd" cracks, as they hinder the games ability to read the D2 CD's in the drive).

Secondly, I know some software can conflict with the computers ability to read a CD. Ones that come to mind include Viewport media, and Help spot, as well as some software that comes with Earthlink internet connections (called Monkey or something, I can't remember).

Another cause might be the DMA and Sync Data transfer for the CD-Rom. You should try to enable/disable them and see if theres any improvement.

Finally, you should make sure you have administrator rights when you log in. As a last resort, you should make sure there's no viruses on your computer.

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The thread starter is advised that spamming the same subject thread in multiple forums will in the future, result in a temp ban from the forums.

8. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me, it was caused by a virus, so check that, I'm almost certain that it'll solve it.
    And please don't spam like that again.

9. JAYSIN

JAYSIN IncGamers Member

eh

Here's what I did. Found that diablo 2 lod would not play. Got please insert cd error. Unintalled the game and re loaded it. Don't worry your characters will be saved. Started Diablo 2 and upgraded it (click on the look for updates) Installed Daiblo 2 LOD and downloaded the 1.10 patch then it worked fine. I downloaded the 1.10s patch but it didn't help. 1.10 is the one that worked for me. Blizzard's site probly has it.

Smash em up!?!