Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What?!?!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by aStaticLullabye, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aStaticLullabye

aStaticLullabye Banned

What?!?!

I have been playing D2 since it came out...and ive been playing the same disc of D2X as well since it came out....all of a sudden my cd-rom drive doesnt believe that the disc is in the drive?! I just went out and bought a new copy of the expansion set and it still doesnt believe me that its in the drive!!! Can anyone please help me with suggestions to fix this problem please i need diablo now!!

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

if you have more than one drive (CD, DVD, burner, whatever), try putting it in whichever one you don't usually use. i've never had any problems with d2 but that's what i had to do to make it read a different game i used to play.

hope it works. :thumbsup:

3. aStaticLullabye

aStaticLullabye Banned

The computer i usually play on only has one CD drive....i also tried it on my brother's computer he has upstairs and its doing the same thing!!! what is going on?!

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

5. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

6. kitehellion

kitehellion IncGamers Member

The most likely thing, is that the mpq files(sound, movies, etc.) are somehow not being read. So, presuming you have a CD/DVD-R burner, copy the mpq files from the D2X CD, and put them into the D2X folder in the program files, or where your D2 programs run from. If that doesn't work, you may want to run it under some hot water, and clean it very thoroughly with a smooth cloth, not a wash rag. Since you got another copy, its probably the CD drive, though, so if you want, skip the cleaning. If you copy the files, and it still doesn't work, you may have to by an external CD/DVD drive, or get another internal one, and exchange them. If that doesn't work...a new PC. But, you could copy all your files onto the other one, I suppose, so it wouldn't be TOO bad. Hope this helps.

---------------
    "I don't make threats, only announcements of impending doom."
    - Some Star Wars Droid
    ---------------

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

This thread is closed because it was spammed over 3 forums.

The thread starter is advised not to post the same subject thread over multiple forums, as a temp ban may result.

The thread in the bug & suggestions forum has been left open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.