Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by franzjosef, Oct 16, 2006.

1. franzjosef

franzjosef IncGamers Member

What would you do?

You are randomly MF'ing in a trade session that you opened --running the Council, say. You hear the clink of a charm dropping and it's a Gheed's --yay!:jig:

...and then it hits you that you already HAVE one and can't pick this one up.
    What to do? What to do? The game is permed, that's good. Oh crap, you don't have any other characters who can get to the Council who aren't already holding a Gheed's . :largeshocked:

Your friends list is devoid of activity, alas, and there's only one or two folks on there anyway to help out.

What to do? What to do? :scratch: And then, serendipity! :prop: Someone enters the game looking for a rush and says he hasn't got that waypoint yet!

Do you trust him? Do you offer him a bribe to stay and anchor while you self-mule? How much info do you volunteer?

Or do you stay in the game, try to make your trade, and try to self-mule in that game when no one's looking (dropping old Gheed's somewhere in the Tamoe Highlands where no one will go look, then grab new one and come back with someone who can pick up the old one)?

Does your answer depend on how high a Gheed's it is?

(FWIW I chose option one, without volunteering a whole lot of info up-front. The person was good enough to hang around, and I muled my Gheed's into storage, went back into the game, and the new Gheed's was still there. I fessed up and promised a free rush at this person's convenience, as a token of thanks.)

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In the MF game, drop the Gheed's you want to keep for your MF character and pick up the other one. Then make a new game, normal mode, drop Gheed's, re-enter with a mule quickly, before one minute has passed, as any fresh game will persist that long. Pick up Gheed's with the mule, then enter the MF game (which is permed, i.e. it will persist for 5 minutes) with your original character and pick up the other Gheed's. Problem solved.

3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I've known some people to just post the game names up in the respective trading forum for people to grab. The Gheed's isn't wasted, some happy player has a new charm to play with, and everyone's happy.

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

When this happens to me, I first identify the second Gheeds. If it's ultra low, I just leave it. If it's a good one, then I'll go through the trouble of xferring it to another char.

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I try to keep three Gheed's. One for each mod. If the new one is a new best for any of them, then get the character who is getting theirs replaced to replace it.

6. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

I have the oportunity of turning on 1 of my teo others computer and join game to pick it up.

But usualy I throw mine on ground, pick new one and id. if better then I leave the old one and proceed with my next game.

7. franzjosef

franzjosef IncGamers Member

(ooh, I had some Name Players (tm) lookit my post, I'm just all chuffed now)

Krischan, I like your idea the most, IF it can be pulled off. I'm just way too paranoid about trying a quick-swap like that. Longer perms are fine, I do those all the time. But I'd hate to get hit with one of those semi-hard interrupts and have to log back in and have the game gone.

8. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Agreed. I've never trusted the quick safety, which I thought was thirty seconds (did it change?). I specifically keep one character who can enter hell games free of a Gheed's Fortune, Hellfire Torch, and Annihilus just for such an occasion. Never get caught with your pants down.

9. nthBULL

nthBULL IncGamers Member

similar thing happened to me... but with an anni

dclone spawned in a baal run, so i killed him by myself and waited for someone to leave

anyways game was 'full' even when there was 2 ppl left in it, so i ended up leaving the lower one on the ground, right before the server crashed

10. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Ouch, that's pretty poor luck.
    Why didn't anyone else do anything about the DC spawn when it was a Baal run? Did you spawn him in some obscure place?