Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Speederländer, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

What would you do?

You're a level 95 WW assassin (WW/kick actually but assume WW for the sake of argument) with 25 unused stat points. Where to put them?

You have a WW with a 5200 attack rating and the assassin has 3550 life.

Each point spent in dex gets you 41 AR. So 25 dex = 1025 AR giving you 6225 total AR at lvl 95 without enchant or anything else. On the other hand, 25 vita gives you 132 life, bringing your total to 3682.

Assume nothing else changes. It's option 1 or option 2.

Which would you take and WHY?

I have my likes and dislikes about both but I want to get some well thought-out opinions on the matter.

NOTE these points:
    1. 5200 AR at clvl 95 hits well vs. everything but high def chars. Another 1K AR won't make a big difference anyway. When you DO hit high def chars, it's 95% of the time when they are moving and their defence drops to zero, making ANY AR equivalent. I.e., 5200 vs. 6225 doesn't really equal a big gain vs. someone with 20K AR. You have to try to hit them when they are moving (either via tele/WW or whirl-away) in either case.

2. 132 life really isn't that much of again when you are already at 3550 life. So why not get some more AR? 132 life vs. maybe a 5% or better improved chance to hit generally vs. all low defense classes.

2. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

I dunno my asn mains 6kish ar and hits fine vs casters. If I need more I enchant, etc. On the other hand more life is always better. 132 x 6 and thats after resists or pdr which good ww sins and kickers always have.

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Go energy, stop the manapotting? :lol:

If you're fine without spending them, then I'd say... why bother? Just means more bragging rights after you've owned some stupid pubby.

4. Oniko

Oniko IncGamers Member

Keep in mind that adding to Dex will also add a tiny bit of defense. If you use cloak (and I assume you do), then that might add up to something worth considering.

That said, I will say either keep the stats -- you never know what runewords may come out and you may want to use a particular weapon for whatever mods it has, and it would be a pity to be a few points short, or pump them into life.

Assassins get 3 life per vita -- that's the 2nd most of any class. A few dozen life points may not mean much, but you really can never have enough, imho.

Cheers, sounds like a great build.

5. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

I went life. AR only helps vs. a few high defense characters. Life helps vs. everyone.

6. MauJ

MauJ IncGamers Member

Good choice, and if not there's always angelics :) Or fury...heh.