Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What would you do???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemason, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

What would you do???

Your 3rd grade son gets a three day suspension for brushing a girl's butt while playing tag. The girl makes a comment that he grabbed her butt to one of her friends. A teacher overhears this and reports it to the principal. There are no witnesses, no proof, nothing. Yet he gets suspended for "sexual harassment".

What would you do?

Would you stomp the hell out of the principal for condoning this?
    Would you sue the school?
    Do nothing?
    Tell him if he's going to get suspended, he ought to at least deserve it? Go get a good double handful of booty!
    Stomp the hell out of the girl's dad?
    The mom? (Mommies only option)
    Blame your son?
    Congragulate your son on having good taste?
    Get some yourself?

2. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

I'd blame Durf.

Seriously, though, I'd first like to get a better explanation of what "brushing a girl's butt while playing tag" was. Then I'd argue to get some sort of a suspension hearing with the principal, the teacher, my son, and probably the girl involved. I'd like more specific explanations of what both the crime and applicable punishment are.

3. toader

toader Banned

Id like to see you sue the school...and keep us informed of whats going on with it in the process.

Everyone knows that once you get a little older, tag is a great way to cop a conspicuous feel. :lol: But I dont think that in the third grade any malintent was intended. Definatly use the argument "the girl was asking for it."

Reality-do what intolerance said, but include the girls parent in the meeting as well.

4. xXxDraGoNxXx1123

xXxDraGoNxXx1123 IncGamers Member

Explain to the principal that the girl was dressed "provacatively" and therefore the boy is not at fault. It also helps if you tell the principal that the 3rd grade girl has a reputation of "getting around".

:lol:

5. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Welcome to the Twenty First Century.

Was the teacher one of those butt-ugly feminist hags?

Tell Junior to enjoy his time off.

6. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

I cop my first "feel" in the third grade. So it may not be so unusual. Why don't you ask your son if he copped a feel before beating up anyone.

7. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I'd post about it on the Internet and get on various radio talk shows and make about a hundred thousand dollars.

8. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

My gosh how the times have changed. If I accidently did that when i was in the third grade, i'd just apologize, and she'd most likley forgive me. If it was an accident there should be no punishment at least not a severe as a suspension.

i'd either Appeal the suspension, or just let the kid have few days off.

9. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

let it known to the kid that you think the suspension is BS and ask him if he wants his days off or whether he wants to go back to school (i know which one id pick!)

something like this happened in my grade 8 class. We had valedictorians and everything for our graduation and there was an incident. He and his GF were talking and the girl got up and started to walk away for some reason (i didnt see it i just heard what happened). so he reaches back to grab he arm so he could get her to stop so he could tell her something. well he uhhhh missed the arm entirely and hit a distinctly feminine part of her upper body. She knew it was an accident, but some teacher watching didnt. She ends up reporting it to the principal and this guy got stripped of his award!

We started a petition to get his title back, but that was soon quashed by the administration with suspension threats to anyone who signed. The guy still doesnt talk about it 4 years later

10. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

If there's no proof,no witnesses and if she has exagerated the facts then I sue the girl,the teacher and the school;100 % sure to win in this case

11. keyonchain

keyonchain IncGamers Member

spring break!!

12. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

3rd grade? These children aren't even attracted to the opposite sex yet (or same) there is like a 99.9~% chance that the child that brushed the little girl's butt had no clue what this meant to anyone over 15. And if it was actually brushed, that would mean accident to me.

I would go stomp on the administrations face and if that doesn't work go to the Superintendent of the county's school system.

13. Freemason

Freemason Banned

If something like that happens to anybody in my kids's class, there would be hell to pay. That principal would be lucky if all he got was a severe beating and a night run up the flagpole. Then the principal would be facing rackateering charges for making the threats. The lawsuits against him and the teacher personally would only be the strawberry on top. I wouldn't sue the school, I'd be after the individuals themselves.

The only thing that would stop the destruction of them would be a resignation, a paid TV aplology and moving out of state. And even then, every school district in the US and Canada would be informed of them.

Nasty, but any area that gets the reputation for taking care of bad teachers and administators would never have that problem ever again.

14. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

My brother had a problem with a school administration also.

He saw me browsing these forums and he saw the name i was using: DrunkPotHead

He's 7 years old and he didn't know what this meant, so he copied it down in his notebook.

His teacher noticed and he got reported to the principle, they screamed at him for a day, called my parents.
    Now, he actually knows what it means.

Apparently, they accused him of writing something offensive. I begged my mom to let me call the school and straighten them out, but she wouldn't let me...

15. toader

toader Banned

Its things like this that annoy me about teachers. I have to vent here becuase my fiance is a teacher and well, it wouldnt be in good spirit to bag on them around her (even though she is a good one ;))..

Anyways...most teachers, or those in position of authority over younger people, tend to bend rights and try to do things that are just wrong. Suspension for signing a petition?!?! Are you kidding me?!? Hey buddy, ever heard of the constitution...you just CANT do things like force someone to not sign a petition. The reason teachers and etc get away with this crap is that the kids are too young or dont know any better to stop them. Its a bunch of crap.

16. Freemason

Freemason Banned

That's illegal. They could have been charged with child abuse for screaming at him.
    But I think I'd have have just knocked the principals teeth out. Provided my mother-in-law didn't get to him first. They're terrified of her. With good reason too. :surprise:

17. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

They pretty much suspend all rights in my school. Starting an unauthorized petition can result in suspension. No petition has ever been authorized. This year, in a public school, they forced us to tuck in our shirts. This is rather annoying because they constantly come untucked and if you are caught its detention on sight.

Well, at the begining of the year we started a petition (unauthorized) out of 1300 students we had 1238 sigs. They tried to give everyone of us suspension, but someone within the administration called them an idiot and that having that many students suspended would bring everyone of them their death as far as their careers were concerned.

Consequently every time we have a school assembly, pep rally, etc... the principal is boo'd and both times the superintendent has come he was boo'd and the first time cried. I think that more effectively got the point across that any petition.

18. toader

toader Banned

Beating principals and running them up poles....
    Knocking their teeth out...

Are all masons this violent??

;)

19. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

I went to the same elementary school. I had a behavior problem, and they called up my dad.

They asked him why he didn't teach me how to behave at home, and he screamed at them and told them how come THEY didn't teach me to behave, it was their job.
    After that, i never got bothered again.

20. Der Gamer

Der Gamer IncGamers Member

I'd say congratulate the kid..America is becoming too soft nowadays, kids need to be grown up quicker..so we dont have a bunch of wussies running around when they are in their prime.