What would you do with an Ohm

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
I made Exile. But I really really <3 paladins. It isn't usable in PvP, but in PvM it makes any physcial damage-dealing Palladin nearly invincible.

Disco-neck Ted

The Dark Library
kabal said:
You don't, you find someone who's playing a previous version and have them make it for you.
Last time I checked, you couldn't take runes from 1.10 final back into the beta. So where do the runes for the beta runewords come from?

Getting specific, here is a guy with an Ohm. He wants to make a runeword. You suggest making a beta CtA. ???

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Disco-neck Ted said:
Last time I checked, you couldn't take runes from 1.10 final back into the beta. So where do the runes for the beta runewords come from?

Getting specific, here is a guy with an Ohm. He wants to make a runeword. You suggest making a beta CtA. ???
I was joking, hence the ":D". If he took me seriously he could offer the Ohm and other things in 1.10 final to someone doing HF rushes in 1.09 to have the other person make the CtA and then give it to him, in essence trading 1.10 final stuff for pre 1.10 stuff (though I doubt he'd find someone willing to make a beta CtA for just a 1.10 Ohm).

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
What would I do with it? Save it. I'm trying to get to Ber.

what should you do with it? well, what are you going to use it for?

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
If I had an Ohm, I would make a thread about it and ask people what I should do with it.

Or I would make a thread about my Ohm and Zod and complain about why there are no useful cube recipies that don't have Ohm and Zod in them.

One of those.

Or I would beg for the rest of the roonz to make a Bramble. :x

agrégatif

Diabloii.Net Member
I promise I won't insist after this one...

What claw is best suited for chaos (PvM) ? Is base speed important or would any claw allow me to reach the last ww breakpoint ?

What weapon is best suited for call to arms ?

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
agrégatif said:
I promise I won't insist after this one...

What claw is best suited for chaos (PvM) ? Is base speed important or would any claw allow me to reach the last ww breakpoint ?

What weapon is best suited for call to arms ?
Suwayyah is propably the best. Reaches last WW bp, has highest average damage...Scissors Suwayyah has same avg dmg but those much harder to find, and their requirements are higher

I made my CtA into a crystal sword, so any caster of mine can use it. Also, don't forget +all skills from items will boost the level of the warcries, on my necro the +3 CtA of mine gives lvl 14 BO, and the +1 to skills from BC won't hurt either. CtA is best for characters with lots of +skills, that is one of the reasons why I didn't make it in a melee friendly weapon. Another reason is that I have majority of items in the game and there is more powerful melee weapons than CtA

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Save it ... but at some time you should use what you have to make the game more enjoyable. CtA sounds good ... i'm waiting for the Ber though.

At some point hoarding runes gets silly really.

Or trade it for a cracked sash. :lol:

Disco-neck Ted

The Dark Library
Pardon me for going all off-topic earlier. Call to Arms is a very nice place for an Ohm if you can spare the other high runes it takes.

My feeling is that it is a mistake to look at CtA as simply an expensive accessory for an already viable character. It is more of a key that opens the door on builds that would be very tough or plain no fun without it. It could completely change the play style of the character and also open up gear options you otherwise wouldn't have.

CtA isn't quite the on/off switch for a build the way Chaos is, but is usable across all character types. That's the tradeoff. So, if you plan to try out a variety of builds like titan pallies or melee zons, gg BO.

You'll probably make up your mind how it should best be used... a month after you use it in something else.

Have fun!

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
necrolemming said:
W_M, why bother? You'll still need 7 more Ohms to cube up a ber - not exactly likely.
Yes well I didn't relize how hard a Ber was to get when I fixated on DolUmBerIst. And by the time I did, I don't care. I want. And one day, I will get.

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
Call to Arms
Flail
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 86
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x998d61a9
+259% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
+5 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
+2 to Battle Command
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
+1 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

I love mine, it was a good use of the best rune I have ever had.

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
Disco-neck Ted said:
My feeling is that it is a mistake to look at CtA as simply an expensive accessory for an already viable character. It is more of a key that opens the door on builds that would be very tough or plain no fun without it. It could completely change the play style of the character and also open up gear options you otherwise wouldn't have.
I agree 100%.

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
Call to Arms
Archon Staff
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
Two-Hand Damage: 311 to 371
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 66
Staff Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xd7d2d812
+275% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
+6 to Battle Orders
+4 to Battle Cry
+2 to Battle Command
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
+1 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Requires even less strength than a flail (although a few more levels), and has very usable damage. Granted, you can't strap a shield on for an extra +1 skills though.

Twoflower

Banned
why would you wanna hit something whit a CtA ? low req 1 hand weapon and lidless ( or spirit if you play ladder ) is the way to go imho...

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
There are, I suppose. Always depends on the build and what items you have. Really, Lidless gives you a measly 10 seconds more duration and 3% additional life. That's a pretty minor boost. Using something as rare as an Ohm, I'd just prefer a more versatile item. Just IMO, of course.