What would you do with an Ohm

agrégatif

Diabloii.Net Member
What would you do with an Ohm

I recently dropped a Vex rune (from a chest in durance of hate) and with the hellforge rewards and a drop from the sparkly chest in the ancient tunnels, I also have two guls. That's enough for an Ohm.
I also have 4 mals and all runes under mal.
So I guess I can make Call to Arms and Chaos.
What would you do:
What runeword (or maybe you'd save the runes for exile for example) ?
What item should I put the runes in ?

thanks in advance for your input.

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't try to make chaos and exile, unless you have characters that really need it, for whom the mods are just too perfect to pass since both of these are only usable by one specific character class. Call To Arms does look very nice, and so does Heart Of The Oak, another one you can make, a third option would be Silence (you can make the ist from two Mals). That said, it very much depends on your characters, if you're mostly playing casters, then Heart Of The Oak would seem the logical choice, if you're mostly playing characters needing a weapon with damage, then both Call To Arms and Silence are good choices, the former doing more damage, the latter giving more +skills and resistances.
I'd probably choose:
1. Call To Arms
2. Heart Of The Oak
3. Silence
Other options to use both a Gul and a Mal include Kingslayer, which also looks like a nice melee weapon (crushing blow, open wounds,...).

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I would have made a Call To Arms, and that was what i did :D , even with a bad roll it is good to have that bo on switch if you're not a barb.

Ragnarod

DiabloII.Net Pal
Call to Arms all the way! I'll admit I'm biased because I don't particularly like sins, but if it's not your favourite class, I don't think there should be any doubt about it... All your characters (except barbs, that is) will benefit from the CtA, and Chaos is only useful for a sin, and one made specifically around it

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
Call to Arms, then Chaos, then Exile, then another Chaos, then Bramble. I went for Exile before my first Chaos, but my WWsin was much more fun, so I recommend doing Chaos first. Still workin on that bramble...

EDIT: Nightfish, if you ever bump up the players setting for your WWsin, throw on a Guillame's - it makes a world of difference. CB is uber for them (you seem to hint at this).

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Vajar said:
EDIT: Nightfish, if you ever bump up the players setting for your WWsin, throw on a Guillame's - it makes a world of difference. CB is uber for them (you seem to hint at this).
I know CB is awesome but it doesn't scale with players so it gets less awesome as players go up. If I were to reequip my sin right now I'd put a few different items on her, that's for sure. :) But I'm sure I had good reasons for equiping her like I did back then... :teeth:

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Make CtA now. :thumbsup:

Well, all three (CtA, exile, chaos) are pretty much useless in PvP though since they're banned ... :(

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
essojay said:
Well, all three (CtA, exile, chaos) are pretty much useless in PvP though since they're banned ... :(
???
I don't know why Chaos would be banned. I've never prohibited it in any of my games or tourneys.

As for CtA and Exile, they both have their uses in PvP. CtA has a lot of ED and IAS, so it's basically a Cruel ___ of Quickness, although it's rather expensive. Exile can be used on a caster pally who won't trigger ctc lifetap (a hammerdin might use an Exile vs. a ww barb for the extra defense).

Edit: To answer the original question, I'd make CtA before Chaos. To be more specific, find someone who will make a beta CtA for you, along with a beta Bramble and a beta Crescent Moon. :D

agrégatif

Diabloii.Net Member
I won't do a beta CtA. What change does it make ?
Is CtA useful for something else than the barbarian cry ?
What would be the builds that would really benefit from this ?
I know I already have demon limb's on switch for my melee chars/bowazons most of the time so it's useful only for casters it seems.
Would it allow them to free slots for more damage or mf ? I can't really see if the added life would increase the speed of mf runs. Is it not only added security where all I need would be a more skillful playstyle ?

And finally in what item should I make the runeword ?

Twoflower

Banned
cta since every char except barbs can use it

chaos is nice, but whirling assa is a rather very very special build, while relay all chars can profit of a cta. summoner whit hoto and cta on switch to boost entire army :uhhuh: drool

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
agrégatif said:
I can't really see if the added life would increase the speed of mf runs. Is it not only added security where all I need would be a more skillful playstyle ?
Exactly. The added life sounds like it's great but you can easily make do without it. I never missed it in SC, I don't miss it in HC. At first glance it looks like a lot of chars benefit from this since pretty much everyone can use it, but when you get right down to it almost nobody really needs it.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait, before you cube your Mals and Ists and Guls and stuff... what other runewords do you have? Maybe you'd like a Kingslayer or something.

CtA is nice and can be used by all characters, but with such a short duration it's really a luxury item. You wouldn't want your characters to actualy depend on it for their survival. As such, if you don't want to make Kingslayer or Silence (or Death if you have the RWM) I'd go with Chaos unless you're short of good secondary claws or just don't like assassins.

Disco-neck Ted

The Dark Library
kabal said:
Edit: To answer the original question, I'd make CtA before Chaos. To be more specific, find someone who will make a beta CtA for you, along with a beta Bramble and a beta Crescent Moon. :D
How exactly do you make a beta runeword with 1.10 final runes?

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Disco-neck Ted said:
How exactly do you make a beta runeword with 1.10 final runes?
You don't, you find someone who's playing a previous version and have them make it for you.

Llathias

Banned
agrégatif said:
I know I already have demon limb's on switch for my melee chars/bowazons most of the time so it's useful only for casters it seems.
Would it allow them to free slots for more damage or mf ? I can't really see if the added life would increase the speed of mf runs. Is it not only added security where all I need would be a more skillful playstyle ?
well, you don't actually need anything to finish the game or to do MFing. many play untwinked, and HotOless Windies, Windforceless Zons, Arreat'sless barbs or Reaperless mercs in HC are rather common. but if you're using
-skillers
-mf equipment
-ias jewels/shaels
-ed jewels
-AR gear
-life leech
-life boosting stuff
well, CtA can offer all that in one piece.

Edit: it was just a comment on your logic. no suggestions about which runeword to make; i never had such high runes to even think about it :eek: