Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Would Be The Best Pvm Werefolf Weapon > It Should Hit 4 Frames

Discussion in 'Trade Values' started by dombri, Feb 27, 2017.

1. dombri

dombri Diabloii.Net Member

see title

2. Namtar

Namtar Diabloii.Net Member

Griswold's Redemption (needs to use sockets to hit 4 FPA).

3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

I'd say Tombreaver. Also hits 4 FPA if socketed, and has much higher damage and useful stats than Griswold's.

4. Namtar

Obviously Tomb Reaver by itself is stronger than Griswold's Redemption by itself. The choice comes down to whether the benefits of Tomb Reaver outweigh the benefits of a shield, and that is dependent on one's setup and personal playstyle. That being said, Tomb Reaver does seem to be the best two-handed option, and I've focused on weapon/shield for wereform characters in the past, so I'd probably be tempted to go with Tomb Reaver if it were me.

5. Bennoni

Bennoni Diabloii.Net Member

I'm using an eth BOTD, works pretty well. not sure about the frames though
    Read about Tombreaver in a guide...but why should it be the better choice?

6. Namtar

I played around with different options, but it was years ago. eBotD is fine. Gets the job done. Best weapon depends on the rest of the build.

That being said, the OP was specifically interested in a weapon that hits 4 FPA. Because of the way that the game calculates attack speed of characters in wereform, it's basically the case that all of the Increased Attack Speed from gear has to come from the weapon itself. And if one wants to hit 4 FPA, well, very few weapons do that. Breath of the Dying doesn't even come close. For example, if you built your BotD in a phaseblade (which you hopefully wouldn't do, but just as an example), you'd still only hit 6 FPA. With the much harder-hitting traditional base of an ethereal berserker axe, you could only hit 7 FPA.

Now really, 7 FPA isn't actually that slow. Plenty of dedicated melee characters have even slower attacks. A werewolf wielding eBotD is a force to be reckoned with. But there can also be reasons for wanting a faster attack.

Well, actually it looks like Tomb Reaver can't hit 4 FPA either, according to the Attack Speed Calculator. Based on T72on1's post, I assume that I'm missing something. I'm reading it as hitting 6 FPA with Shael runes. Huh.

And neither can Griswold's Redemption? I knew it could hit 5 FPA for a sorceress in werebear form, but I thought it could potentially hit 4 FPA for a druid. Must have been thinking of something else. Oh well.

It occurs to me now that perhaps T72on1 was thinking of Fury, which doesn't hit a true 4 FPA, but launches a chain of attacks at 4/4/4/4/6 FPA. That's effectively between 4 FPA and 5 FPA.

To hit a true 4 FPA, a rather ridiculous weapon would be required. A phaseblade socketed with 5 Shael runes and a Ruby Jewel of Fervor could do it. It wouldn't be good for anything except hitting 4 FPA, but if that's the only goal...

7. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, I was assuming Fury as attack. And a 4/4/... cycle when 4 FPA was mentioned.

In that respect I still think Tomb Reaver is the best option. But there are plenty other ones if 4 FPA isn't the only goal. Upped Ribcracker comes to mind.

8. Namtar

Yeah, I've tried out Tomb Reaver again recently and been pretty impressed with it. I don't think that any weapon capable of hitting a true 4 FPA with the basic attack is worth the tradeoff.

I think that for its reasonably powerful 5 FPA Fire Claws, Griswold's Redemption is a strong contender.

For Fury specifically, I'd be hard-pressed to choose anything else over Tomb Reaver. I've cleared Hell with Obedience and cleared the important parts with Breath of the Dying, but Tomb Reaver is a better fit for the role.