Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What were "Armaggedon fletch" and "hexes"? der

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by newb-newb-newb2, Feb 22, 2004.

1. newb-newb-newb2

newb-newb-newb2 IncGamers Member

What were "Armaggedon fletch" and "hexes"?

I never played online during 1.0-1.9, I got my first Internet Connection a few months before 1.10, so I really don't know anything about which items were hacked and duped. I read something about "iths" as well. Would somebody please list their stats or some screenshots?

2. mamacheddar

mamacheddar IncGamers Member

i think an ith was where something could be socketed and then unsocketed while still retaining the properties of whatever was socketed in the first place. so you could do this a bunch of times and create ridiculous items.

3. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

right...

Hexs: these were a bugged small charm that gave 90 to str, 90 to dex, and either 90 to vitality or energy depending on which one you had. people would fill up their inventories with 40 vitality ones and claim to be "godly"

Iths: these where items that used ethreal items, a runeword was put in (very commonly 'silence' then a hidden tab at one of the vendors was used to sell each rune via the item code, but leaving the mods in the item. Then a zod was put in, then it was sold to vendor, then 6 ohm's, 40/15's, ist's or whatever were put in, creating a way over powered item.

Other Hacks: these were created using an external program then were smuggled into closed Bnet when a loophole opened up for a very short period of time (mayb a few days). the loophole was closed quickly but the items were already in, then duped in masses. other hacked items included White gloves, white rings, and many 'fused' items like occy rings, wizspike gloves, and many more.

hope i quenched your curiosity.

4. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

Armaggedon Fletch was a rare ammy that was mass duped and is still around on 1.10 (I have one myself :grrr:) mods are:
    +2 Sorc skills
    20% Faster Cast
    +19 strength
    +23 all res
    +mana
    +life

5. newb-newb-newb2

newb-newb-newb2 IncGamers Member

Thanks for all replies.
    I read about the "Wizardspike Gloves", and someone said that it was gloves with the stats of the Wizardspike. Does this mean that Oculus Rings had the stats of The Oculus? So a sorceress could be wearing 3 Oculuses at once? omg.
    Does White Rings mean the Runeword White? I can't think of anything else.

6. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Yes, occulus rings had all the stats of an occulus, except the 30%fcr on an occulus was turned into a 30%faster block rate (or some other mod dealing with blocking). Same thing with wizardspike rings.

Whites were not the runewords, but rather non-magical, hacked iterms with crazy stats. I only played on West for a day or so in 1.09, and I saw some of these. If my memory is correct, white rings had no level requirement, + to res, + to str, and a lot of other insanely good mods.

7. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

White rings were the most ******** item in the whole game they were just plain wtf, basically they made you inmune to ANY elemental attack, since they had absorb 95% to all, well except for poison, theyadded like 60-120 dmg, not to mention the ****ing insane 100% faster run and walk and the 100% increased attack speed. Then there were white gloves cant remember how these ones where but they were just as insane.

8. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet IncGamers Member

The bugged Eye of Eltich was pretty nasty.

Go go having 65535 VIT!

9. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Though I haven't seen one since 1.09, I'm pretty sure that all of these duped +2 rare ammys had +0.5mf per clvl. There was one of these +2 ammys for Amazon and Barb too. Basically, they all had +2 skills and resist all and mf, then some had IAS and leech.

"Hexes" were small charms that added +90 str, +90 dex, +90 vit. There also were Energy Hexes (though in much less quantity) that were +90str, +90dex, +90 energy.

WRings also had 20% life leech. WGloves were almost exactly like wrings except it was +100 resist all and instead of 100% faster w/r, it was 100% fhr. The dmg added was 63-127. There was no char level requirement for Wrings but there was lvl77? req for wgloves.
    A less popular hacked item were Str gloves. These added something like 373 to str among other mods. They also had no clvl req. There was also some other mod that depended on time of day but I forgot what it did.

10. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Damn, Reminiscing (sp?) about the glory hack days of 1.09 west brings a tear to my eye.... :hanky:

11. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

And of course there was the Constricting ring (max resist to all, mf%=char lvl), along w/ bugged Valors, Gazes, Strings and Windforces.....