Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what wepaon for fury druid ?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by YoquE, May 10, 2005.

1. YoquE

YoquE IncGamers Member

what wepaon for fury druid ?

as the title says, what wepaon should i use for a fury druid ? pls give some examples ^^

thx ya all !

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Your best bet is a fast and high-damage 2-handed weapon (doh:))

Upgraded Ribcracker wíth Shael rune
    Immortal King's Stonecrusher
    Tomb Reaver
    Breath Of The Dying
    Oath

3. Kairo Annunaki

Kairo Annunaki IncGamers Member

I gotta question also about the Druid Weapons.

I want to aim toward a Breath of the Dying, so what would the best regular 6 socketed be?

Thunder Mallet?

But as if I'm ever going to get that lmao.

4. Tom123

Tom123 IncGamers Member

Hey, myself and a friend are both trying fury druids - one has an eth sup feral axe oath, the other (me) with upped shaeld ribcracker yet we are getting destroyed in hell. Any tips?

We have maxxed ww, lycan, fury, we have a few points in oak sage and we both have a grizzly. At level 75 we are getting ripped apart with 2500+ life.

Also we have similar items - Goreriders, Duress, Jalals, Highlords/Eye of etlich, Raven, Carrion, Bloodfist (soon to be Draculs).

I find it very tough to take on any group that isn't weak and my res's suck, bear in mind I can't afford any runes above a mal....Help!

@Kairo - you need to ensure that you get a good FPA with the item, the other guys will be able to give you specifics. If you go to this site:
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english
    Choose Druid, Skill: Werewolf Fury, Werwolf level: 20, select the weapon type and set right weapon IAS: 60. Then you should have an idea of the FPS to aim for, for example BOTD Thunder Maul = 6fps. Cryptic Axe = 5 fps.

5. Chimaira

I'd rather pick Ogre Maul since it will reach a 9/5 Fury instead of 9/6 which is quite a considerable difference. If you can't get your hands on Breath Of The Dying try an upgraded Ribcracker...just as good if not better:). You can also use the calculator here in the druid forum...just check the sticky at the top.

Also welcome to the forums

Tom123: I'm not sure what exactly you're doing wrong...2x Fury druids with Grizzly and merc shouldn't have too many problems in Hell??? Try not to rush in and get surrounded, even the thoughest characters out there struggle when they're fighting huge mobs. Also lvl 75 is probaly a bit low, if you are in the later acts (4 & 5). Monsters can be up to lvl 85 which makes them very difficult for you to hit even with good AR:(

And definitely get some resists...That's probably your main problem. Socket your Jalal's with an Um rune and get some resist charms. Also if you are using Ribcracker you have a bit of Crushing Blow overkill...no use in huge damage if you can't stay alive. Replace Gore Riders with some rare resist boots, or replace Duress with Gloom or Um'ed Duriel's Shell.

6. Tom123

Tom123 IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot, well to stay on topic - I must admit with the crushing blow on all my items, tough guys don't last long. AR is not as good as I expected tho, so once you get the high damage and good modifiers, ensure your res and AR are up....I shall also take my own advice and do likewise ;) Oh yeah, 5 fpa on the shaed'd ribcracker - pretty darn fast.

7. Redman681

Redman681 IncGamers Member

One thing that I find really helpful with pvm fury druids is to use feral rage. Hit with feral rage so that you have a max orb, then switch to fury. You will run a lot faster and have some pretty nice leech.

8. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

I suggest getting that wonderful armor called lionheart for pvm. high resists/stats/life and add ed to the mix, and its hard to beat, all for hel/lum/fal. toss a resist all something or other into your jalals, add in a couple of resist charms, and go have hell anything for breakfast. Note that while cb can beuseful, ds isn't that helpful to have insane amounts of to the point of giving up other important mods for it.

--welt

9. Kairo Annunaki

Kairo Annunaki IncGamers Member

Ok, awesome. Yeah I wanted to make sure so I can get the right stats and not screw anything up when I get there. Thanks very much.

10. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

ebotd great pole axe

more range, and is a 9/5

also can be sued on a barb

11. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

You don't seem to have any physical damage reduction unless you are wearing String of ears or vundergos in your belt slot. How about just a plain shaftstop for your armor? Also resists can be taken care of by sacraficing your inventory space. ;) Since it seems that you can't afford runes higher than a Mal, socketing items with Um runes could feel quite costly.

EDIT: Also, are you using a merc? Holy freeze merc would definitly save you.

12. Tom123

Tom123 IncGamers Member

Yeah I suppose thats a good idea, I was never really sure if phys red' or res' or defense was the best to go for. If I managed to get my hands on Stone my defence would be pretty high, its 3500 with 1142 defence Duress. A shaft + verdungos would give me 45 phys red' but ofc then that leaves me with very poor res. I'll see what happens once I get Draculs, they helped my barbarian, they may save the druid ;)
    I have a holy freeze merc but my losing health quickly made tactics a little haywire, I'll try to keep him alive from now on!

13. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury IncGamers Member

considering your position i would think tomb reaver would be a good option.
    even a non-eth version is quite good if socketed with 2/3 shaels for speed...
    the resist bonus means that you could use shaft for dr.
    dont worry about your defense...whether you have 2000 or 3000 def wont matter that much i think.
    if you are running into lots of hard hitting monsters such as those little exploding fellas or lister's mob, maybe switch to ss/oath cryptic for the extra dr and block.

)pAnda(

14. XSSJX

XSSJX IncGamers Member

where can i get a ribcracker?

what drops em?

and is it a rare drop?

15. Tom123

Tom123 IncGamers Member

Well, Ribcracker is an Exceptional Unique. According to ATMA drop calculator, Normal Baal is the best repeatable enemy to drop it, followed by Nightmare Mephisto and Nightmare Diablo.

16. XSSJX

XSSJX IncGamers Member

o wow normal baal? awesome :)

its a 2h right lol? just making sure ;)

17. Tom123

Tom123 IncGamers Member

It is 2 handed, correct. Don't forget to make it sweet you have to eventually upgrade it, this makes its level requirement 57 (iirc).

18. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

I think BOTD made in ethreal Giant treasher is better huited for a druided as 2 hand weapon caus of the base speed! BOTD in eth great poleaxe is a very nice weapon for ww barb! :D

/Dec

19. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Dracuuls will help u alot! I can say that since my fanazealot is using them and since u hit fast lifetap will trigger often! I can imagine that a fast hitting fury druid will achieve the same results!

Edit: Sorry for bumping my threads :rolleyes:

/Dec

20. Chimaira

For a Fury druid it doesn't make any difference since both BOTD Thresher and Great Poleaxe will hit 8/5 Fury...On top of that Thresher's dex requirements are kind of not tasty:( also has less range than Great Poleaxe.

For PvM I'd say Ogre Maul is cool, because of the no-dex requirements and more strength is more damage which combined with EBOTD is quite insane.