What weapon to master?

Ever seen a Flayer Shaman resurrect a Flayer?

• Total voters

WatchOut

Diabloii.Net Member
What weapon to master?

Hello everyone. I'm starting a new WW barb and was wondering what weapon class has the most options. I'm looking at weapons for all lvls, at medium to high price range. Thanks for any input.

The top ramen

Diabloii.Net Member
zerkers are the only way to go! high dmg. a range of 3. weapon speed of 0. what could be better?!!??!?!?:thumbsup:

yalthar

Diabloii.Net Member
Also consider the fact that axes have very low dex req.
Of course this argument is useless if you're using a shield.
An argument for swords would be that a not-so-rich barb has an easier time finding a weapon, since stuff like grandfather and doombringer is much cheaper than runewords or death cleaver.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, swords just look that much cooler.

Statistically speaking, Axes are the way to go. For the look as well as the accessibility though (dual Doombringers cost me like 10 PGems), swords are my choice.

Uvatha

Diabloii.Net Member
Croup said:
Also, swords just look that much cooler.

Statistically speaking, Axes are the way to go. For the look as well as the accessibility though (dual Doombringers cost me like 10 PGems), swords are my choice.
Yeah...

:p

I dont like the looks of swords, but maybe its just me!

Fuzzier

Diabloii.Net Member
Swords.
Although Zerker is a better choice in many areas. When I need a fast, indestructable weapon, pb is the choice.
While I certainly don't want to master 2 weapon types, and there're swords that're almost equally as good as axes, I'll stick on swords.

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
Statistically speaking zerkers outperform their sword counterparts, but it looks god awful on a barb ! He looks like he is holding a toy not a weapon.

papajustify

Diabloii.Net Member
Come on its style we all want isn't it, the polearm barb spinning around droppin everthing like flies looks really cool, dang i miss the good old days in 1.09

wheel-of-doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Spears all the way. Theres nothing more awesome than a barb holding a giant needle. Not to mention the range and the superior damage.

smeer

Diabloii.Net Member
As stated above axes generally outperform other weapons and there are lots of runewords available.
Some people prefer other weapons, mainly because of looks...

papajustify

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah yeah, spears its been too long since i played a whirlwind barb, not one this season, this thread has me pumped up to do it again!

Cppo-The-Wild

Diabloii.Net Member
Poles ftw (pvm of course)! There's nothing cooler than a barbarian whirling around with huge scythe or any other pole....

-Cppo