Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What weapon is best for "Doom"

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by JITBxvx, May 4, 2008.

1. JITBxvx

JITBxvx IncGamers Member

What weapon is best for "Doom"

I have a level 80 frost zealot with maxed resists in hell, he's currently using a "crescent moon" phase blade, and seems to be doing fine.

However, I have read numerous frost zealot builds and they all say that "doom" is the weapon of choice for a frost zealot like mine.

They all agree that the berserker axe is the best base weapon, but I'm not as worried about physical damage, and the durability of 26 seems low for such a fast weapon. Is there another good option for the "doom" weapon that won't get me laughed at damage-wise other than a 5os zerker?

On another note, does anyone know if the aura from the "doom" weapon gets boosted by +skills?

Thanks for any and all input.

-JITBxvx on USEastNL

2. prion

prion IncGamers Member

Re: What weapon is best for "Doom"

if you have already maxed Holy freeze then doom will not benefit you. The aura on Doom is not boosted by +skills.

3. Crethis

Crethis IncGamers Member

You can only make doom in axes, hammers, and polearms. I think beserker is the only good choice. Hammers are too slow, and polearms are all 2H.

4. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

The reason people use Doom is the -enemy cold res. Whether you deem that more helpful than some phys dmg for leech and CI's is up to you. Doom is definatly helpful though.

5. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

The only one-handed hammer has four sockets, maximum, so ettin axes, war spikes, or berserker axes are your choices, otherwise. Five-socket ettins are prime for Beast because of the outstanding speed bonus, and five-socket war spikes are ideal for Death since it has no IAS. I don't see another use for 5oS zerkers unless you want a dueling Grief, but then you're in a niche crowd.