Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What weapon for my druid? 1h or 2h?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by hapsu, Apr 20, 2008.

1. hapsu

hapsu IncGamers Member

What weapon for my druid? 1h or 2h?

I read that ribcracker is the ultimate shapeshifter weapon for druids.
    I myself have a fury druid with aldur set atm, I use stormshield with it. I noticed that my druid is absolutely badass tank with all that health, and the stormshields damage reduction. Ofc I don't do any dmg with my aldur weapon at the moment.

My question is that why don't fury druids use weapon like grief, botd, or last wish like other melee classes??? And use shield same time to get max block?

Whats the deal with 2 handers on druids? I need to know before looking for better weapon. Thx!

2. The Son Of Disaster

The Son Of Disaster IncGamers Member

Re: What weapon for my druid? 1h or 2h?

Ribcracker is a great PvM weapon, it is fast with crushing blow and fhr as well as other great mods. Upgraded it is truly a beast of damage. Fury Druids do use grief and botd alot, and ss in tandem for max block

Last wish isnt used because it has no weapon IAS and since off weapon ias doesnt affect shapeshifting it is a very slow weapon.

in PvM druids are survivable enough without the block/rd% that they can successfully use a 2 hander and live so why not use the big damage sticks.

3. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

The reasons for going two-handed on a PvM wolf are pretty simple math, really. You'll have crazy high life with even junk gear (relative to other classes, other than a well made barb), which means it takes more damage to throw you into a hit recovery animation. As a werewolf, you'll have at the very least a 4 frame hit recovery, which is faster than just about every pvm attack in the game, so even if you do go into hit recovery, you'll be swinging again and leeching life before the critter can swing again. The fast attack combined with all that CB though just shreds monster life in hell, even in a full game. It's a close call between that and ETomb for me, since I have both. I prefer the Ribby when facing bosses (too lazy to be bothered to mule a Guillame's so far...this opinion might change), but ETombs don't grow on trees, where as ribby's practically do (handful of pgems, Pul-Um for a perfect one tops I imagine).

Also, generally a 2 hander will do a lot more damage than a one hander, and that base weapon damage gets multiplied by fury's ED on the skill. Even with enigma, I'm breaking 5 digits easily with my ETomb before deadly strike, and with an upped Ribby, about 7 or 8k.

4. hapsu

hapsu IncGamers Member

Hehe okay thanks for answers.