What Weap Is "Life Tap" Wand?

bjmarler

Diabloii.Net Member
What Weap Is "Life Tap" Wand?

I keep reading about a "life tap" wand. What weapon(s) have/use/give that skill?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about gloves, etc... that have life tap built into them. I'm talking about a life tap wand, that give you that skill so you can cast "life tap."

p.s. - This is for my pally.

Thanks for replys

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Some weapons with have Charges on them. Including Life Tap. They can be bought. Try Hell Anya. Up to level 6 is the max IIRC.

bjmarler

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the tip on Anya.

Anyone know the names of wands that have "life tap" charge, or is it random?

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Grave Wand of Life Tap
One-Hand Damage: 13 to 29
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 30
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 91
Fingerprint: 0x3be0eb8f
+3 to Iron Golem (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Poison Nova (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Decrepify (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Level 5 Life Tap (97/97 Charges)

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the tip on Anya.

Anyone know the names of wands that have "life tap" charge, or is it random?
The magic suffix "of Life Tap" gives Life tap charges.

EDIT: Hmm, forum is behaving badly I didn't see previous responses.
I guess it's time to call Spearthrower for duty!
(It's me trying to make a joke just to show that I am not so boring.)

bjmarler

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks everyone. I just found it due to your help. Drognan had it in Lut Golen.

This one was a "Noxious Bone Wand of Life Tap". Mostly for a Necro, but it also had Life Tap lvl 5 (97/97 charges.)

Thanks again for all your help.

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks everyone. I just found it due to your help. Drognan had it in Lut Golen.

This one was a "Noxious Bone Wand of Life Tap". Mostly for a Necro, but it also had Life Tap lvl 5 (95/95 charges.)

Thanks again for all your help.
A little bit more info for you, don't repair the charges using gold, it will cost you an absolute fortune, use the cube - your wand + Ort rune + chipped gem will fully repair and recharge it.

Deaddave

Diabloii.Net Member
just a litle tip sometimes it will be cheeper to buy a new wand of life tap rather than pay for the reapears on them (or use milbs way)

Llathias

Banned
Just another little tip, if you sell the wand to a vendor who has enough space in the inventory (so that you can see the wand after selling it), the charges should be fully restored and you can just buy the same wand back, possibly at a lower cost than a repair (depending on the other mods on the wand/dagger). I'm not 100% sure about this, however. Anyone can confirm?

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
I've just tried it with a Bone Knife of Lower Resist, unfortunately the charges didn't get replenished when I sold it.

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Just another little tip, if you sell the wand to a vendor who has enough space in the inventory (so that you can see the wand after selling it), the charges should be fully restored and you can just buy the same wand back, possibly at a lower cost than a repair (depending on the other mods on the wand/dagger). I'm not 100% sure about this, however. Anyone can confirm?
This used to be true, if I recall (I know it was so with durability), but that was a long time ago. However, they fixed it so items don't get automagically repaired/recharged when you sell them now.