Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What was your most difficult or most frustrating moment in D2? der

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dacar92, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

What was your most difficult or most frustrating moment in D2?

I just had mine last night. Two of us were playing Hell, act 1, The Countess quest. We had just entered level 5 of the tower. My barb died first because of an onslaught of about 30 monsters. These hit me right after entering the level. My friends Sorc entered and in short time died as well.

Now there were all of these monsters waiting at the door. Right at the door. We must have ended up with about 10 corpses each. It was frustrating, but funny at the same time. They were waiting at the door. About 10 Ghosts, about another 10 Dark Archers, and an assortment of others.

We tried leaping, teleporting, all to no avail. I tried battle cry to try to stun them. Nothing worked. I ran out of cash. My merc was useless.

I guess there's a reason they call it hell.

I'd like to hear other stories.

Thanks

2. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

My most difficult moments are happening right now. I can deal with most PI monsters with my Frozen Zealot, both from the HF cold damage and (I guess it works) CB from my Beast weapon. The problem comes from Specter boss packs. They stack. They all have Mana Burn. They almost always wind up being Extra Fast and either Cold Enchanted or Spectral Hit (and me without any Raven Frosts.) Once they take away my Zeal, I've got nothing and they quickly whittle me down to nothing.

3. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

This is very build dependent. each build and play style will result different.

For me, my melee chars, always hate IM. my barb has most trouble with PI/mana burn. and all entry are dangerous, if there are packs of monsters waiting there. For SC, it wasn't big problem, but HC, it got to be the most difficult. also, if you see full screen of burnsoul/blacksoul/gloam (you get the idea), good luck.

4. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

Well it didnt happen in the game but the time my hard drive broke and I lost all my characters and items was really really frustrating :(

In game would be the time I got back to back to back failed unique Hydra Bows grrrrrrrrr

5. loveratbaby

loveratbaby IncGamers Member

My most difficult moment seems to be 1.10 =D Sorcs ain't quite as easy as they used to be :)

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

The most difficult has been killing hell Hephasto in D2 Classic with my barb. He almost every time killed me in single hit

7. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

I agree. My first paladin had to charge him over and over again until he died. One hit from him and it was over.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

losing my lvl 84HC fishy when i was mid-act 5 hell. so close togttingmy first guardian, but thengettign swarmed by 3 unqiues/minions, 1 had cold enchant (ranged as well), 1 was extra strong (melee) and the other was extra fast lightngn enchanted.
    damn them.

9. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Ops, hope you hit Esc faster next time. I feel it, man. My Fishy guardian had few times like that, I were lucky. The worst my fishy was surrounded by champ/boss pack without skelly, merc, I was "5 health to death" before Esc.

10. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

I almost gave up on the game in Classic when I could not get my first Paladin past the Council members in Travincal in Hell difficulty. They were healing eachother so fast and with a guaranteed PI and LE member there it took me forever to get past them. Finally after the release of LoD I killed them and went on to Mephisto, Diablo and Baal.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

11. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

First time I went against the Hell Ancients. They kept Kicking my butt like there was no tommorow. I had to keep doing previous quests until I collected enough rejunanation potions to try again until I finally beat them. It took me about a dozen times. It trully was Hell.

Takis (El_Greco)

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Most difficult and most frustrating thing was the first lvl99 character, the last couple of levels took ages and at times felt really hopeless that I'd ever get it done.

Next 3 lvl99's weren't even close to that bad as I knew what to expect.

13. Hippomenes

Hippomenes IncGamers Member

Most frustrating: my favourite character's corpse popped on battlenet and all my items were stolen...basically equivalent to all my wealth :(

Most difficult: Diablo isn't difficult :p

14. Sukkoi19

Sukkoi19 IncGamers Member

The most difficult part for me was the NM Ancients with my Zealot. At the time, I didnt understand any of the fundementals of the build, and I had all the wrong eqiupment and none of the skills I needed. Thankfully, I hadnt really distributed any points yet so I was able to rectify the situation. Since then, things have become much clearer, and I just got my first Patriarch.

15. ][ridium

][ridium IncGamers Member

Act II Viper Temple on Hell with my under equiped bowazon. Got in there and died. Went to get my corpse and got rushed, died again. Just went up a lvl not too long before so not much exp lost. Frustrating part was having 4 vipers, including Fangskin right outside the door to lvl 2 then my corpse and eq a little behind them. Really couldnt be assed gettin there again, so just kept goin down with valk gettin a hit or 2 off before I died :grrr:

Thats wat I call hardcore playing :rant:

16. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

My most difficult moment was when I was struggling not to have a heart attack when I found a WF dropped by pin :thanks:

-Backdoor Bandit

17. Andygal

Andygal IncGamers Member

Me...

a stupid boos pack in inner cloister/catacombs level, killed me like 10 times.

Cold enchanted. Me a sorc using ice blast. I got pwned so many times....

It was REALLY annoying.

This was also my first time trying to play on /players 8.

Haven't done that again since.

18. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Boss specter pack in WSK, one pack is fanatism enchanted, one is extra fast, and another stygian fury pack to bombard me. All three PI, mana burn. My fury wolf was using gimmershred to wear down PI, but no mana=no fury. Spend half an hour to get through them. Baal was a cakewalk compare to them.

19. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

The one time when I honestly got thinking "I can't get past this" was - I think it was the Claw Viper Temple, maybe Tal Rasha's tomb, one of those tombs, anyway - in Hell. My bowazon was not really a dealer of massive damage, I was usually pretty safe with my super-Valk tanking, but I didn't kill fast. And once I hit those damn mummy cases which have SO MANY hit points, and thus regenerate really fast.. and they're immune to poison. So they were healing faster than I could damage them, and pouring out mummies until the room was flooded.

I searched everywhere I could, avoiding the mummy cases, and didn't find the stairs. So I tried doing the mad dash past them. Got killed. In a totally unrecoverable place.

So, quit and reloaded, started again. This time there were Guardians and hordes of bone warriors - who were immune to cold, and thus couldn't be frozen and shattered!! I thought this was another impossible task. So the Guardians kept raising them again and again. At least it was possible to focus my fire on the Guardians, my pierce was high enough that some arrows got through, and they weren't immune to poison so I could at least stop them from healing. Eventually I prevailed.

But it was a warning that it is possible to encounter a situation which just totally stops you dead.

20. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

My most frustrating moment.. a few hours ago, when I had finally got to Nightmare Diablo, took me ages to clear the place of minions and hit all the seals... my minions charged in for battle, my Fishymancer Decrep'd him... and the game crashed. :rant: