Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What was your first d2 character?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Emerald Dragon, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

What was your first d2 character?

How many of you remember your very first d2 character. Your VERY first. When you knew nothing about the game, had no items/mules/clue at what was what.

Everyone has been there. Do you remember your build? Did it work out? Is it still around?

I myself started playing for the very first time well into 1.10. To me, there has always been synergies, I dont know about the glorious cow runs of 1.09, and have never seen things like white rings or the eth bug. Anyway, I played d2 when I went over to my best friends house. I didn't want to be a girl, so I ignored the amazon, assassin and sorc. My friend was already a barb, paladins were too "Goody Goody" for my taste, and necro's were just weird. That left the druid. The class that could turn into a werewolf. How cool is that! I instantly made up my mind at what character I wanted to be.

My friends told me on a very VERY regular basis that druids sucked, but I just ignored them(This was during a time when the elemental tree was considered a joke). Things were cool at first, my barb buddy getting me items to use. We were both stoked when he got a windhammer in a trade. It was the best item in the world for me at the time. Nowadays, I dont even pick them up, and even if I did, I would have a hard time trading it for 2 pgems.

I maxxed lyncathropy and fury, Never finished werewolf, got bored of pumping oak sage and stopped half way. Put around 8 points in poison creeper, and put a point into carrion vine to see what it was like. Then dumped a bunch of points into feral rage. Then I read in the druids forum on this very site about rabies. Do any of you remember that? When the talk of the druid forum was rabies, how someone found a way to make it deadly. After reading multiple threads, I invested about 6 points into rabies.

You can see where my druid is going. I had no focus, and dabbled in any skill that seemed cool at the time. Oak sage never got finished, neither did werewolf. My attempt at a fury/rabies hybrid was a bad move, because I had pretty much gone the way of a feral rage/fury wolf.

He died constantly in hell. I remember thinking to myself "I have 1700 life, and over 2000 defense, why am I dying so much!!?!?!". This all happened well into 1.10, so its no wonder I got my butt kicked so often.

2. G0su_Hellbolt

G0su_Hellbolt Diabloii.Net Member

My first was a GA/Strafe/Multi/Freezing/Immolation/Light Fury/Poison Javelin/Powerstrike/Fend - azon. Nothing in the Passive skills cos I thought they were for wimps.

:D

*Gosu-Hellbolt

3. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

My first char was a barbarian (sometime, back in classic, I don't remember which patch). He went frenzy, and didn't have a single point into a warcry. In other words, no BO or BC. Why? I looked at those skills and thought "oh, those are more 'party-aligned' skills, I shouldn't need them, I'm going solo".

He actually did pretty well, and I kill Diablo on Hell difficulty. No, I don't have him anymore :/

4. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

My very first character was a Barbarian, who got to lvl 4, then I decided that Diablo II was a crap game...My next character was a Frozen Orb (1.09:)) sorceress who became my first character to complete the game...Back then I thought defence was the most important thing...a leftover from Diablo 1.

5. nobledarkmoon

nobledarkmoon Diabloii.Net Member

my first char ever was a cold sorc in classic

she was called IceTopia, this was like 5years ago now.

i put all my skill points in the cold tree, and when i got to hell i went, what the, they got immunes to all elements in hell. it wasn`t bad till i got to den in act1 hell and found that all the monsters were cold immune pretty much.

good ole days, you found something like a nagel or manald for your char and you thought it was godly.

nowdays for me it is 6months on and 6months off, it is like a new game each time, but alot of the players are getting more and more childish and immature as time goes by.

6. Lensor

Lensor Banned

My first char was a firesorc in classic, singleplayer (by fire, read inferno). I kept on pumping points into inferno, cause I always figured it was more damage to put one more point into inferno than start with a new skill. She actually did alot (I thought at the time) damage, but she was very stationary whenever she tried to kill something.. Do not think she made it to nigtmare even. When I found an arctic belt, i thought it was the best item ever :D

Those were the days, everything was new and shiny :p

7. Deepain

Deepain Diabloii.Net Member

My very first character was a Necromancer named Esproc (which is Corpse backwards), It was the end of 1.07, well I just entered battle.net a day before the "new" 1.08 patch arrivard.
    My necromancer skills were spread around all trees, he was mainly a Summoner though, I used Blood Golem as my Main golem, and there were way more skellys then revives.. He was a sucky build
    He did manage to kill Diablo on his own in Hell Difficulty though.

8. Aerath

Aerath Diabloii.Net Member

Bear Druid w/ Maul I think... and some shockwave and some bear and some oak and some ...

9. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

poorly built classic necro in sp during 1.09. Tried to evenly distribute all my skill pts in summons, curses, and BnP skills.. didnt turn out too well. got stuck in act4 at lvl 24 and gave up.

10. biko

biko Diabloii.Net Member

haaaa first char

my first char was a paladin

he was active in single player in maybe 1.02 or 1.03 i would say

i dont think i used any skills at all really.. didnt know how to i guess, but i fighted with 2-handed swords

i got to lvl 11 or something but i died in the end of act 1 and i thought my items were gone forever so i started a barb instead

11. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

My first character was a bowazon when d2 classic first came out, and early on I (astoundingly) came to the conclusion about min/maxing and placing 1 point in prereqs and 20 in my chosen skill. Strafe seemed like a good choice since it auto aimed and hit a bunch of guys when i tried it. Strafe wasn't capped then so I standing still for quite awhile hosing ppl down with arrows.
    Seeing multiple strafers in a party at the time was a sight to see with arrows flying everywhere

I'm pretty sure I managed to get to hell with her with strafe going full blast and a valk but past that I don't really remember. I remember dreaming about imbuing a 150 max dmg gothic bow lol, course that wouldn't have even mattered with the bow bug back then.

12. Singollo

Singollo Diabloii.Net Member

my 1st character was the necromancer, to this day thay are my favorite class. when i 1st played them i became a fan of iron maiden fast and pump it till it found out 20 was all you could put in it witch made me mad. so i started putting points in all skills till i had tested everything. i then went on to add many points in clay golem and gold mastery and this became my only form of killing, i didnt really find out the killing power for CE tillafter this build wasnt getting me anywhere in act 4 nm, them spell caster ened my life fast because i had about 100 points in str and very few in dex or vita and many in eng. so at lvl 66 i deleted him and remade about 6 or 7 necros before i was getting anywhere, my 1st build that worked well was with maxed skeleton mastery, revive and iorn maiden maxing iron maiden 1st then revive then later the mastery after putting one point in all other skills. the im/bg trick was a big plus in way i became a fan of im too bad thay fixxed it as of 1.10 :(

13. RebirthOfMak

RebirthOfMak Diabloii.Net Member

I sarted in classic not knowing how to play i was 6-7 years old.... i made a barb using BoneSnap i really sucked... :lol:

14. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY Diabloii.Net Member

heres my nubbish tale:

my first char was made in the begginning days of .09. back then i didnt even have a pc and was playing over at a friends house...on another friends acct. i made a fury druid. maxxed lyc,werewolf,sage,a few into feral and summons. whats funny is that i never traded back then (didnt even know u could...nor did i feel the need) and still managed to find some good equip for him(shaft, baranas, tiamats,jalas,skullders. well everytime i went to my friends house to make a new wrestling tape (we thought we were backyard wrestlers then..lol) i logged on for a few hours of cows or meph running. soon, my druid was 95 and higher than all my friends chars. in fact, he is still my highest lvl char of both .09 and .10. i soon got my OWN pc and made my OWN acct, so my 95 guardian was on the wrong acct dangit...lol. i still played him but was getting bored and noticed the only q he hadnt done was hell ancients. so i made ,my way to the summit and killed 2 of the three fine. then i ran out of juves and refused to save and exit because the third was ALMOST dead...bam.....deeds!!! i remembered a few minutes later that i had all my mf gear on and my battle gear in the stash...lol..i was such a noob back then!! i have to admit those were the funnest days of d2.....when i didnt have a comp or my own acct...playing my werewolf druid untwinked. since then theres been plenty of new char/gear upgrades....but nothin beats the feeling of the days when your a nub....imho. cheers all!!

CampKillYourself

15. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, things seemed so much more better when you were new.

I remember when I still played my fury druid (Weird we kind of had the same situation lol) at my friends house, He had a javazon and managed to get titans somehow.

My buddy coveted his titans. To us, it was godly. Then someone scammed him with the identical item switch scam. It was a major loss to him. Then a few days later, I misplaced my spineripper and must have left my xfer game with it still on the ground.

I still remember my hysteria. "Omg I lost my spineripper!!! It was +1 to necro skills!!!!!"

16. zXz

zXz Diabloii.Net Member

My first char was a barbarian I still have in single player mode. dont even remember how I lvled him up but I think I got him to about lvl 70. as for the mistakes? there were many I'm sure. havent looked at him lately so dont remember off hand. I must say in a way I miss being new to the game. cause back then most items I found were awesome :lol:

17. Throttle

Throttle Diabloii.Net Member

A paladin using defiance and sacrifice. Of course I didn't know how to put a skill on left click, so I switched the aura out with sacrifice when I fought. Heh. Got to level 18 or so.

18. ethos

ethos Diabloii.Net Member

heres my little tale
    My freind was always telling me about the storyline in this game, about how some hero defeated the big boss but then the big boss took over his soul and continued his destruction, so i got I remember watchin him play d2 at his house, with his classic ww barb. I wanted to make my own character so i spent $80 (quite a bit of money at the time) on Diablo: 2!. I knew melee was the way to go, but i couldnt decide between barbarian and paladin. I eventually settled on a zealer, and through the help of my freinds i started my first fanat/zealer. He used Civerbs cudgel, later on a 30-80 tulwar :), cathans rings/amulet, hsarus boots belt, darkglow, sig shield, hands of brok and some other random stuff. I got him to 54, before i decided he really did suck. Around this time my friends all went to hc, and thus i followed. My first hc character was a bone necro which got pk'ed at lvl 12 :(. My 4th character made it into nightmare. Ahh those good ol' days when i thought norm mephisto was the primo mf spot. In that first season of 1.10 I probably got deeds around 30 times. I became very competent at leveling to 20, and can now do it in around 15 minutes. HC really forced me to learn the game fast, and my first character in season 2 got to lvl 85 before i died to lag in chaos sanctuary. (i was #2 paladin at the time). ahh those were the days eh

19. Jompi

Jompi Diabloii.Net Member

My story is kinda long...

I remeber that my first char was a barbarian on single player, back then i played only on single player for some reason. after some weeks i think i started playing on open battle net (back then i didnt know what multiplayer was, cuz i have only played on open b-net). open b-net was only cheaters, so i got so tired on it. then my brother said: "Hey! why dont we create a account together on Closed battle.net?" then i said: "Sure! why not!" so we started a account, namned Krilleochjompi. we started a barbarian, a spear barbarian. later i think he was lvl85 or so, then i think we created a new char. im not so sure actually. after a couple of years playing on that account we got a problem with D2 and the chars dissapeard :( In summer 2001 we bought D2LoD and started to play that instead of Diablo2. I started a Druid (Werewolf) and got him up to lvl 75 i think it was. Then we didnt play on our chars, so they dissapeard :( so i started a Amazon (Bow) and later a Javazon. after getting them to lvl 80 i think it was i deleted them. so i started a new amazon with a better name (the names was the reason i deleted them). so after some years of creating and deleting chars i hade enough, i created my self a new account and gave the account KrilleochJompi away. so today im playing on my own account :) 5-6 years of playing D2 and D2LoD and i havent stoped playing it! the hope of getting Diablo 3 still lives on! im sure they will relaese(spelling?) it! :p

20. spocker

spocker Diabloii.Net Member

My first char was a barb because I thought all the other chars were too weird and didnt realize how cool they could be. I didnt put more than one point into any skill and i never made it past act three in normal. I was really, really bad :(