Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what type of gear is good for furry druid?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Rakarr, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Rakarr

Rakarr IncGamers Member

what type of gear is good for furry druid?

im not sure what type of gear to really use and to look for..... i was thinking maybe go all out + dam /ar but i dunno.... any suggestions?

also can any one clear some thing up for me about summons? like the bear summon it says it has Dam +25... so does that effect just the bear or the character? and if it does effect the character... is it wise to put a lot of points into the bear summon? i figure put 20 in furry, luchwtfever, and HoW and really not sure what else i should max out....

2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: what type of gear is good for furry druid?

Welcome to the Druid forum! Might check the sticky about guides at the top of the page, it has all kinds of druid builds, furry and otherwise. In particular, if you're looking for a Fury build, Bjam's and Puma's are good places to start for a PvM build, and Stoute's is great for a PvP hybrid.

A basic pure fury build would be 20 Werewolf/20 Lycanthropy/20 Fury/20 Spirit of Choice/Rest to taste, using a fast 2 hander with base dex, strength to wear gear, and rest vita (Ribcracker works well, Upped and Shael-ed). There is a lot more in the stickies, so don't be afraid to browse til something hits a nerve. Take care, and good luck!

~Kell~

3. Rakarr

Rakarr IncGamers Member

that thread.... not really helpful for me....

4. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

if its not then you're not looking to make a druid. why are you here then ?

kellkheraptis directed you to a link with a TON of info and even gave you some specific guides to read that would help you on your way to building what ever it is you want to build. If that doesnt help i dont know what you expect us to say.

Putting points in grizzly gives a passive damage bonus to all SUMMONS, not you.

ps forgive this nitpicking momment but luchwtfever is the most horrible (but funny) spelling for lycanthropy ive ever seen and its FURY. not FURRY. FURY. furry = fur aka something soft.

5. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

Then what are you looking for exactly?

And the +25% dmg on grizzly only applies to your bear and wolves (the summons)

edit:pwn'd

6. Rakarr

Rakarr IncGamers Member

well what i looked through wasnt very helpful because didnt explain any thing about the summons about if that stuff is passive just for summons of for myself as well, but now i know so thanks. so i take it the same thing goes for the dire wolfs?

also what ever suggested gear in the guides i checked out wearnt really suggested gear for the exact type of char im making.... like im thinking of going all out +dam/ar as much as i can so figure get gear that does have that stuff, but im wondering if that really would work well and if i should consider other types of gear?

maybe i overlooked some thing so ill check out the guides again, but no i didnt find any thing helpful exactly on my first look....

and for the record this is my 3rd druid.... ive only had elemental druids in the past though.

7. KellKheraptis

Well, first off if you're going all out damage, two things can be asserted : 1) You're willing to make sacrifices in the name of damage on your selections, which cuts down versatility and life, barring a VERY godly charm setup, and 2) You're going two-handed.

That being said, the base build would look something like 20 Werewolf/20 Lycanthropy/20 Fury/20 HoW/Rest to taste. Now for the tricky part, the duds :

Helm : Guillame's socketed to taste (more on this later)
    Body : Fortitude in a light armor
    Belt : Crafted Blood Belt with FHR and Str/Life, must have 10% OW
    Boots: Gores
    Gloves: Steelrends
    Amulet : Highlord's Wraith
    Rings : 1 Ravenfrost for CBF, other is up to you, I'd go with a BK for damage, or a rare with +damage mod and stats/res/life
    Weapon : Remember the thing about going two handed? This is where I'm on the fence, as there are several with mods, but only two that crank out the big numbers, and those are EBotD Great Poleaxe, and ETomb, with the ETomb coming out ahead IMO, due to speed and second mods on it.

Charms : Easy one here, though a fortune to get em. Perf Dtorch, perf anni, and 37x3/20/20s, or their legit equivalent.

The Stats : Don't soil your fur, but for absolute omgwtfpwnt damage, go big or go home.

Str-All
    Dex-None
    Vit-None
    En-None

Full Titan build will result in a substantial boost from Str alone. 700 Str with the right gear isn't unfeasible, I would suppose. Anyhow, not saying it'd be all that great in PvP, but anything you hit would feel it, and chances are, with all that AR, you wouldn't miss very often.

8. Rakarr

Rakarr IncGamers Member

you really think i should give all to str? that is what i was doing but tonight ive been giving to vit.....

type of gear i currently have for my char to use (who is real low lvl at the moment) is...

weapon - dark clan club (but i just got this staff thing in a trade that has +4 to skills, but not much else exciting for this type of build, but thinking maybe this wouldnt be bad? though going kinda in the wrong direction?)

helm - Jalals
    boot - Gores
    gloves - some thing that has enhanced dam and +ar and +10 to dex and str.
    rings - 2 ravenfrost (though am looking for a ravenfrost that has better +ar or perhaps different ring.)
    ammy - i dont got any thing yet....
    armor - nothing yet but i was thinking CoH
    belt - i got string of ears on different char that i was thinking of giving to this char to use, but not sure yet.
    shield - i got the shield from orphans call set.... it has 75% block chance and from my experience shields with that high block chance block pretty well.... so thinking it could help a lot since imma be up close combat always.

anyways yeah really all stat points to str??? i gotta admit im a lil worried about my health gonna be way too low if i dont give to vit.... and im not gonna use oak sage so......

anyways yes thank you you have been a help.

9. KellKheraptis

By the way, this is for PvM, right?

10. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Exile and a chaos claw FTW!!!!!!

Seriously, you can make a viable pvm wolf with all str, or all vit. In pvm you can play 1 handed or 2 handed and still survive. Hmmm...you sure theres no guides that help? The search function didn't turn up anything?