Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What triggers bow effects?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Pif, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Pif

Pif IncGamers Member

What triggers bow effects?

Hi,

If I have a bow with special effects like HoJ's freezing and blinding; WWS chance to cast amp damage; and brand's explosive arrows etc. when will they be triggered?

I mean, if I use a normal attack I would expect them to trigger. Is this also always the case with strafe? What about multi; what about explosive arrow, magic arrow, ice arrow etc - is there any chance that they too will trigger the effect? Does it vary with the effect and with the bow or is there a general rule?

Cheers

*Pif

2. marcello

marcello Banned

Re: What triggers bow effects?

With multiarrow it's the 2 arrows in the middle, atleast it was.

3. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

you guys are mixing two things up.

First you have mods that enchant you arrow - like fires exploding arrow or fires magic arrow. Those will only work with normal attack and will always work with normal attack, you can't disable them. So you can't strafe with magic arrows nor can you use freezing arrow in combination with exploding arrow.

The other effect are the so called ctc. Chance to cast. There will work with every physical hit you make, take or try to make - res. on hit, on struck and on attack. Yes, they even work with freezing arrow although freezing arrows sometimes have bad ar.
    Multi is the exception. Only the two middle arrows can trigger these effects, and when you have a odd number of arrow, it's even only the middle one.

4. Pif

Pif IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks. This seems to be another area where strafe is better than multi then - if I have something like a Hand of Justice it could blind and freeze lots of bad guys from one strafe attack but only 2 from a multi attack. Shame!

Thanks again

*Pif

5. accipite

accipite IncGamers Member

if monsters are crowded, and the damage is not enough to kill them very quickly, the conclusion might be changed.