Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by TheFerret, Jun 17, 2005.

1. TheFerret

TheFerret Diabloii.Net Member

What to Upgrade?

I currently have a lvl 81 meterorb sorc wearing full Tal's with a 181/20 frostburn ring and a perf manald heal (for the life regen), I also wear a 80/5 lidless, 77%ED Tearhaunch boots (I know for a pala, but I don't have many good boots)... Currently, I have 129 Str, 230 dex, 155 Vit, 65 ene after all pluses, I also have 203% MF... In hell, I have 45,52,75,5 for resists... Other stuff that I could wear include: 121%ed Visceratuant shield, a 59/22 and a 62/26 Naglering, a Gull Dagger... The highest rune that I have is a pul, I have a few of the runes from 10-14 and about 12 PGems... What item(s) should I try to get first to improve my killing speed and survivality in hell... I can do hell andy runs easily but I haven't tried Andy yet becuase I don't have wp and I can't do Diablo runs becuase I get killed soo easily...

2. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk Diabloii.Net Member

well, first off get cat 4 wp. and you might want to trade for waterwalk boots (i think you can, considering you probably have the wealth to). and for survivability, get a merc, and equip him very high defense stuff, get a good weapon, and give him tals helm (my merc has stone, bonehew, and tals helm).

3. TheFerret

I made a typo in last post, I meant Meph I haven't tried but I did get the WP and I can do some Meph runs if I'm careful but they take a while... I already have Cat lvl4 and can solo that easily by tele to andy then kill her with taking little dmg... Also, how much are waterwalk boots worth??? What type of merc should I get, act 2 def NM or something else...

4. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

a small correction, it's catacombs lvl 2 wp (not lvl4)

Waterwalks are very cheap. A few pgems should be all it takes.

As for a merc, I would suggest act2 hell defensive for that extra defiance boost. Another option might be act2 nm combat for the holy freeze aura.

5. Superhal

Superhal Diabloii.Net Member

there's not much in terms of weapons (pul+lum, i'm assuming) you could upgrade to help a sorc survive.

however, i'm a big fan of smoke armor (nef lum). this plus ancient's pledge usually gets me through hell with any non-melee char before i start mf'ing.

another option would be a splendor shield (eth lum.) one of the best defenses for a sorc is higher cast rate. if you don't already have 65%, then this may help. i wouldn't recommend anything less, and you 105 is mandatory for tping through the worldstone.

6. TheFerret

Right now, I currently have 70% or more FCR I think... ALso, what do you mean by pul+Lum, I don't think it is a runework but I am not sure...

P.S. Is a Lidless a good shield for a Sorc...

7. Superhal

Superhal Diabloii.Net Member

pul + lum + perfect gem is the upgrade recipe for exceptional to elite unique weapons.

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Diabloii.Net Member

Holy Freeze is the act 2 Nightmare Defensive merc.