Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Rehsa, May 31, 2005.

1. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

What to socket...

ok, currently have a lvl 76 wearwolf druid...

i have full aldurs
    i have a ribcracker on switch
    Stormshield
    string of ears
    bloodfist
    angelic ammy (i don't think i need these anymore... and can get others)
    2x angelic rings (i don't think i need these anymore... and can get others)

i have 3 sockets on weapon, and 2 sockets on helm, and am going to socket armour

i never use the full set... i almost always use ribcracker because of the insane attack speed and critical strike or whatever

should i wait for a 3 socket helm (if they exist) and not socket this 2 socket one?

also... it's incredibly hard to get 15%ias/20%+ ED jewels to socket...

main question is:
    what to socket things with?
    should i use 3 shaels on my weapon, and wait for ED jewels on my helm/armour?
    should i throw straight ias on everything?

i also have a second aldur weapon i COULD put some other jewels/runes on if needed.

i was thinking on saving my ber rune for an enigma... but it seems it'd be nice in the weapon because of crushing blow and not worry about ribcracker... but it seems like a waste of a ber rune.

i'm a fury druid, with lvl 5 in both wolfs and bear, 1 raven, 1 poison creeper (wish i didn't). i have feral rage lvl 15, fury maxed, 15 lypo, and working on maxing max wearwolf. i have 1 in all other shapeshifting skills, and i think maybe 2 in rabies (wish i didn't). all skills are base points, not including equipment bonus'

so, what should i socket stuff with? i'd use the full aldurs set, it's just the damage output and speed is soo slow compared to the ribcracker, thus i wanna socket the weapon with 3 shaels or something.

is there a cap in ias? or a breakpoint i should be looking for? thanks.

2. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

aldurs is horrible for a druid

ribcracker is freaking sweet, sheal it and get a 9/5 attack speed
    i suggest lionheart/duress instead of alrdus armor, then get a jalas mane for the helm. its one thign any druid cant have. Aldurs boots re pretty good, but you could replace them with IK to get life and AR. For a secondary weapon i sggest baranars star with a shael, it hits the 9/5 fury speed like teh ribcraker. bstar also gives you crazy elemental damage and you can use your ss with it.

all the stuff i listed is faily cheap and can be found in free item games or bought for pgems. Save your ber for a good investment or runeword

breakpoints go in teh sticked thread of mine for dragoons speed calculator

also max either oak sage or heart of wolverine. then use the rest to pump lycanthropy (more life), you can max werewolf last.

3. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

thanks for the help and ideas.

what's so bad about aldurs? it gives me all res, +45 to all attributes, a funky aura/color.

I do admit though, i like using ribcracker better than my 3x shael aldur weapon, i'm also going to socket the helm with 15% plain ias jewels wel kicks.

before i hit lvl 76, i was using:
    jala
    duriells shell
    ribcracker (was using bonesnap/aldur weapon)
    aldur boots
    bloodfist
    angelic stuff
    string of ears

i'll look into the lionheart/duress as well as the baranars star weapon.

i did a little test with angelic stuff:
    with ammy and 2x rings, i have 27000+ attack rating using fury
    without ammy or rings, i have 5000-8000 attack rating with fury/feral rage
    with one ring and ammy i have 13000 attack rating with fury (personally, i like being able to hit nightmare baal with 8 players 95% of the time with ribcracker or full aldur set. it's a good feeling. when using both rings/ammy

the aldur set gives me the resistance i need that i didn't have with the rest. i'll go get the suggestions you say and see how it goes and might stick with that. the +45 all attributes with full aldurs gives me over 250 str, over 200 dex, almost 200 vit, and about 100ish energy area.

i'll socket all the aldurs with shaels or something, the armour not sure, but imma look into your suggestions and see which i like more.

i'll socket the ribcracker when i get home with a shael and check out the speed... it's insane as it is, i can't wait to see afterwands...

4. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Don't put any IAS jewels in your armor or helm for the wolf. Your attack speed won't increase except when using exceptionally slow weapons, ribcracker isn't such a weapon. This is because IAS outside of weapon(OIAS) has smaller effect than IAS in weapon(WIAS). As already said, put a shael in your ribcracker to get the best speed/damage ratio.

Lionheart and Jalal's have all resists and stat bonuses, so if you are lacking them without aldurs you should consider making Lionheart into dusk shroud for example and putting a perfect ruby into the Jalal's.

5. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

I wrote an unsuccessful guide to the Aldur set and it explains all the pros and cons. And unfortunately, because of just the weapon, it kind of ruined the entire set. The damage on it isn't high enough compared to other gears. You might want to check it out for the reasons. 'Experts' have explained why the mace is a bad weapon, so you might want to look into that. In general, wearing other runewords/uniques combined is better than Aldurs, Aldurs is more for the poor who can't afford much better.

6. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

thanks for the info about the ias on other items.

also, thanks for the further insight on the aldur set with the weapon (which i also noticed was the worst part of the set. if the damage was doubled or more, i'd say it's be a better weapon. if the set gave crushing blow, and more ias, would make it a winner pretty much.

thanks for letting me know lionheart is a runeword... i was gonna look at uniques... is duress a runeword too?

i think i'll wear full aldurs til i get the rest of my stuff fixed up and ready to wear.

i think imma still put something in the helm since it's only 2 sockets, and i think i'll also add the shael to the ribcracker, and armour i'll trade away when i get the new armour... or i'll give the set away to someone.

thanks for the help.

7. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

actually, looking at runewords... you suggested lionheart and duress...

i have a ber and a few ists at my disposal...

would Enigma or CoH be better chioce? i have the dol for the CoH as well as the ber and ist... just need an um, and i'm sure i can get that for some aldur parts if not just the armour.

CoH looks more promising to me with the better resistance as well as the +2 skills... and it's in my price range... and i'm sure i can find a good dusk or arcron plate with my javazon who has no MF, thus making it easier.

Enigma is what i was saving the ber rune for, but CoH looks better in terms of stuff for some reason... but the +1 teleport in enigma is what's grabbing me as helpful... i don't need the MF or damage to mana too much of enigma... and the CoH have LL...