Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket my Tal Fbal sockets with for PvP?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Imbecile, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Imbecile

Imbecile IncGamers Member

What to socket my Tal Fbal sockets with for PvP?

I was wondering what would be best socket with. I got 3 sockets that needs to be filled. Since my tal orb offers -15 fire res, If I socket the 3 sockets with 5/5 facets, I could lower the fire res of my opponents with 30.
    But I don't really know if it's actually worth it.....

Any advice is appreciated.

2. Thoridian

Thoridian IncGamers Member

Shael in helm for fhr if u dont hit 86bp, fire facet @ weapon and i cant remember if Shael also adds fhr in armor, if so then id go for it (imho 86fhr in pvp is A MUST)

3. Imbecile

Oh I forgot to mention I already hit 86 fhr bp. So sockets shouldn't be with fhr, I still don't know if socketing fire facets in the gear, will make much of a difference.

4. Thoridian

Thoridian IncGamers Member

Hmm... How about wasting Bers to get some dr as Tal set got no dr at all? :p Well it might look stupid but w/e :p And if no then id go with fire facets with as much +%/-% as i could... Btw Ed im preety sure ive had a fire facet somewhere, just sucks i cant get on d2 to gieb it to u -.-

5. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

I think the ber's are a pretty good idea... might be enough to help escape a desynching charger alive. I have been testing a pre-buff with fade on my infinity-sorc, and it seems to help against chargers... I use "seems" loosely, since It's hard to say for sure. But, a little dr can go a long way right?

I assume your gear is tals/35fcr spirit/magefist/2xsoj/sandstorm treks? So, facet the orb and ber the armor/hat? Of course, an additional -10 resist could help against opponents with absorb? You fair ok with your damage now?

Maybe just duel a while without filling the sockets to determine whats lacking?

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Facets for pvp. Unless you are short on resists then go with Ums.

7. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Facets are pretty useless IMO.

+% Dmg only applies to fire mastery as we all know and one hotspur will easily negate all -%Fire resist. I'll take bers/ums/etc.

8. Imbecile

I have figured out if I socket my tal armor and mask with shaels, I can hit 142 fhr bp = 6 frames hit recovery sounds sexy.

9. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Seems like a good idea actually, 142 fhr is great to have. Full tal sorc ftw :laugh: I bet it will be fun in public games, fire skillers with life would help too...

Mike

10. Imbecile

I took an oath long ago, which prevents me from using life sks on sorcs.....

Gotta keep those promises

11. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Umm... what? :laugh:

Why tals? Just wondering... is it for fun? Or just a handicap? Or maybe some benefeit my 40x40 vision eyes cannot see?

12. Imbecile

Well I have to rebuild my beauty, since she has dex for block and str enough to equip Forti sacred. My friend started this sorc a long time ago, I just wanted to do something funny, then I equipped her with full tals, 2 x sojs and a spirit 35 fcr.

My remake would be with 20k fb and 16 pt. telekinese or so, have to experiment a little.

I find Tal Sorcs to be my logical fireballer, since my priorities are my Hammer and Barb > rest. Further Hotspurs > sorcs, so there's no reason getting a "godly" fireballer when a Griswold pala with hotspurs could dismember me.

13. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If you're going with ES, I don't see the point of having high FHR. Hence no need for shaels.