What to socket in WWS?

Kaywe

Diabloii.Net Member
What to socket in WWS?

Im building a HC-ladder LF/strafe hybrid. I'm thinking of using a WWS for strafe, what would be best to socket it with?

Things that come to mind is:
Shael
ed/ias jewels
min/max jewels
Rune for knockback(not sure if needed...easy to get from gloves)
Jah for ITD
Ber for CB
Rune for manasteal

What do you guys think?

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Kaywe said:
Im building a HC-ladder LF/strafe hybrid. I'm thinking of using a WWS for strafe, what would be best to socket it with?

Things that come to mind is:
Shael
ed/ias jewels
min/max jewels
Rune for knockback(not sure if needed...easy to get from gloves)
Jah for ITD
Ber for CB
Rune for manasteal

What do you guys think?
THe base damage of an upgraded witchwild string is 33-40. An ed% jewel will not signifcanly improve this damage. 2x shael is the best choice for the cost unless you are ridiculously rich with 40/15's, etc.

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member
If I were you, I'd socket it with Shael and something to help you on hitting targets. ITD is a nice mod so I suggest you include that. The main problem with strafe is it has no AR boost so your hitting percentage will really suck in Hell regardless of how high your dex is. Mine has Shael-Eth but only because I don't have the rune for ITD. :lol:

Kaywe

Diabloii.Net Member
Would two good min/max jewels almost double the damage from wws?
Ar should be no problem, i'll use lavagouts

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
slayer37 said:
If I were you, I'd socket it with Shael and something to help you on hitting targets. ITD is a nice mod so I suggest you include that. The main problem with strafe is it has no AR boost so your hitting percentage will really suck in Hell regardless of how high your dex is. Mine has Shael-Eth but only because I don't have the rune for ITD. :lol:
Max penetrate and your problem is solved. Bowazons usually have an excess of skill points and freezing arrow isn't necessary with the rarity of physical immunes.