what to socket in wand?

Brother_Maynard

Diabloii.Net Member
what to socket in wand?

hello, i recently traded for a perfect boneshade :winner: and i'm wondering what would be good to socket into it. my char is a bone pvp (if it wasn't obvious) and figure i should try to find jewels with fhr or fcr (do these even exist?). what mods should i look for and how high do they go? thx for any help.

OldSkoolGamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, an Io rune is a nice cheap idea for extra life. Jewels could better suit your needs, but are of course harder to find.

Prefixes that may be helpful:

Shimmering All Resistances +5-10
Scintillating All Resistances +11-15

Dun +7-12% Damage Goes To Mana

Suffixes that may be helpful:

Truth 7% Faster Hit Recovery

Hope +9-20 To Life

Daring +4-9 Dexterity (helps a little with block)

Virility +5-9 Strength (lets you pump vit more)

Patsy

Diabloii.Net Member
Brother_Maynard said:
hello, i recently traded for a perfect boneshade :winner: and i'm wondering what would be good to socket into it.
A vibrator. :lol:

Seriously, though, I would try for more life, or better yet, faster cast rate. Got to reach for that 125% !!

Otherwise... eh.. it's rather good.. maybe zod it for style points?

-Patsy
"Remember our motto: We ain't got it."

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
yup, Io or all resist jewel will do it for ya.

if you can get a jewel with +20 life and a useful secondary mod that'd kicks Io's arse.

+20 life all resists +15 would be godly

Gotcha

Diabloii.Net Member
Brother_Maynard said:
hello, i recently traded for a perfect boneshade :winner: and i'm wondering what would be good to socket into it. my char is a bone pvp (if it wasn't obvious) and figure i should try to find jewels with fhr or fcr (do these even exist?). what mods should i look for and how high do they go? thx for any help.
I put a 15 res/7 FHR jewel in mine

JCX

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry to threadjack, but I think the original question was answered so I thought I'd sneak this in.

Just curious, but do you all feel a Boneshade is better than a good white wand? I have both (my boneshade is kinda low end), and tend to use the white wand more. Opinions?

Hypnectic

Diabloii.Net Member
dah!

I recently ran into the same dilemma, Perf Boneshade open socket....hmm what to put into it? I decided to Imbue Rare jewel numerous times until i got something worthwhile...IF you didnt know you could re-imbue a jewel...well u can. :idea: just takes piles of perfect skulls. SO after about 14 tries i got a jewel with mods....

+9 dex

+11 resist all

+1 to max dmg

+2 mana after each kill

i thought what the heck...prolly can't get too much better than that.
just thought I'd share :lol: hYp.