Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket in Upgraded Buriza?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by deathdefy, Feb 3, 2004.

1. deathdefy

deathdefy Banned

What to socket in Upgraded Buriza?

I have a Buriza that I plan to upgrade, but I'm not quitre sure of what to socket it with. The main problem is the strength requirement that it will have (anyone have the exact reqs off the top of their head?). Would it be worthwhile to put a hel or -req jewel in it so that I won't need to use all those stat points (if it is even that high), or should I still go with a nef, shael or ed/ias or something like that just to get an added attribute
    thanks in advance,
    dedathdefy

2. Cambylobacter

Cambylobacter IncGamers Member

I use upgraded Buri (mmmm lub) and as i remember it is 163 str

I get some str from Upgraded Duriels Shell, 18 from annihilus and some from another item (some crafted ammy i think).

I read somewhere that the Buri only need 15/20 ias more to hit next breakpoint, and as i had no ias in my other items i Shaeled my Buri.

3. spekkionu

spekkionu IncGamers Member

I thought The Burriza was one of the few things you couldn't upgrade. Or was that just in the Beta or even just a rumor that proved to be false?

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Yes, that rumor is false
    Yes, you can upgrade it

If there is absolutely no way you can reach the str req, you could of course Hel it.. Usually Shael is the way people go to get to the next speed BP, if you do not have IAS on other gear.

Good source for +str: Thundergods belt, Guillaumes face (also adds CB and/or DS..not sure), Natalyas Helm (also adds 2 kinds of res as well), IK boots, belts, gloves (IIRC).

Remember: Upgrade is ladder and SP only

5. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Just a rumour.

Buriza needs 15% ias to hit the next breakpoint, so an ias jewel would be a good bet - however, the ias may come from the rest of your equipment. I put a Nef in mine, but as you can easily unsocket an item, you can Hel yours and see if you change your mind later.