Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket in Riphook?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Purkake, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

What to socket in Riphook?

I got inspiration from someone who used Riphook all the way to hell. I have a low-end one at the moment and I am trying to find a better one with ed>210
    and life leech>8. I will upgrade it to blade bow and to my suprize blade bow has higher min dmg and alot higher speed than WF. 30% slow and open wounds is nice aswell. Does slow stack(like 30%+20% rom cleglaw?)

So my main question is what to socket in there?

2. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

A humble bumpy :howdy:

3. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Like I've said many times before from experience, I love Blade Bows :). My all time favorite pre-1.10 item was a 298% Cruel Blade Bow of Butchery I found in Durance 3 from Maffer Dragonhand, got 2 sockets, and yes, I'll admit I stuck 2 x 40/15 IAS jewels in it (had to do it, when you have a special item I just can't see ruining it) to make 378% ED. Lightning fast and decent damage (especially minimum). Awesome for my Strafer.

Now that I'm done my rant...yes Slow does stack, in fact I'll never forget being surprised attack by a PK Barb in 1.09 while I was wearing Cleglaws and using Riphook, lol, he just picked on the wrong guy at the wrong time. Every time he attacked me he got his head handed to him. Oh well, I was just in that game for PvM.

As for the Riphook, I'd go for a high ED/Max damage jewel or a high ED/Dex jewel, you aren't gonna need much IAS to reach a solid 9 FPS (unless you insist on 8 FPS). I wouldn't upgrade Riphook unless its at least at 200% with decent LL, but its definitely worth upgrading at that point, the mods are sick.

4. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

I've got 203% ed and 8% LL I guess it's good enough. Now all I have to do is go and annoy hell Countess a little :flip:

5. jren

jren IncGamers Member

hmm very unique and funky =] :lol: i would suggest ed jewels to increase the dmg of the riphook. anyways, i don't think you are gonna attempt high level dueling right?.... right???? =]

6. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

Riight :lol:

7. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

God Of course!

I should have thought of that ! Instead of using an upped buriza & toothrow for OW =P

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i got a 220% one. :) lowest possible LL though. :(

9. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

Deam you lucky bastard!!

10. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

hi....i think the post you are mentioned may have been my "taking my riphook to hell" post......as mentioned above your best bet would be a high ed jewel....i was lucky enough to find another almost perfect riphook and with my final quest i socketed it with a ed/strength jewel.....the ed wasn't that good but the extra stength helped me test other equip i was unable to use....if you remember this was a pure dex build.....i only put 6 points into stength......with some ias crafted gloves and an upgraded goldwrap this zon was able to kill everthing in hell(slowly) with the exception of cold/phys immunes and the final three bosses.....after a marathon session of run and shoot...lister finally went down!!

fyi.....at level 85 i twinked the zon with a botd crusader bow and keeping all other equip the same i spawned uberD in a one player game.....i invited a level 87 wind druid to help and in under 3 minutes a fair to middlin anni was in her inventory....note to uberD hunters.....prevent monster heal works and you can cut him down fast if you can use it....the druid wearing a blackthorns stabbed him with his wizspike right off the bat or we would taken a lot longer

sorry about ramblin as much as i did....i don't want to hijack your thread....the ed jewel in the new riphook did help me considerably when the crapped started flying in act4.....aslo if you can upgrade the bow you will see noticeable results.....i tested the upgraded riphook with the ed jewel and she was able to kill in act1 at a very acceptable rate....have fun

11. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

I'll try :thumbsup: