Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket in Lycander's Aim?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by vuddu, Feb 23, 2004.

1. vuddu

vuddu IncGamers Member

What to socket in Lycander's Aim?

I play on the normal realms, so I can not upgrade my LA. I wish I could, and I think this will be the best weapon I will get for a while. I have an open socket in mine, and don't know what to put in there.

Should I put in a +33% Enhanced Damage jewell? (I have one)
    or a Shael for the +20% IAS?
    or something else I haven't thought of?

Thanks for your ideas.

2. heinz43

heinz43 IncGamers Member

i may be wrong here....but i socketed mine with a 'nef' rune for the knockback...i found that the ias could be achieved thru other gear and the knockback really came in handy till i was able to use my wf....

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Agreed.

Also, if you're using strafe vuddu nef will really help out a lot, since enemies can get pretty close to a strafe zon.

4. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

I'd go with Shael. It is very easy to have knockback in your gloves. If you really need one, then use the hitpower crafting recipe for gloves. Normally, people aim for 20IAS, +skills and knockback on those gloves. Shael it, you can't really go wrong with more speed. :lol:

5. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

If you're not that rich, and don't have those godly knock-back gloves with ias, skills and mf we all dream about (or just some knock-back gloves with other really useful mods), I'd put a nef rune in it. That way you have more flexibility in choosing your gloves - e.g. Laying of Hands and Lava Gout will combine the 20% ias you lose by not having shael'ed your bow with other useful mods, but if you have to use knockback gloves they won't be an option. 20% ias can come from many places, but knock-back only comes from a nef'ed bow or knock-back gloves.

However, if your best gloves are Clegaws, you may consider the shael.

6. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

I concur. I've decided to nef my GSA and replace my ias/knockback gloves with LOH. Massive demon damage, ias and 50%fire resist, that just kicks butt.

7. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Well, cleglaw's glove is actually very good. Make it as rare as WF, and everyone would spam the trade channel, "my eNigMa for uR cLEgLaW!!"