Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket in Aldur's Rhythm?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Boulos, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

What to socket in Aldur's Rhythm?

I just found this item and it has three open sockets. Not sure what to put in there. I have no great Jewels to put in it. Should I just hold out for Jewels, if so, what kind? This is for my Freezealot. Should I put some Runes in there or maybe some Gems?

Suggestions are appreciated. :)

2. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Do like my friend and stick two perfect rubies in there.....

No, really don't do that.

I personally might throw some cheap runes in it like 3 iths, thats what? +27 to max dmg?

I dunno wait for some more knowledgable socketing people to come around. =D

-Kool69

3. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Well Aldurs comes with 30% IAS built in and you need 35% IAS to reach a 6 frame zeal with it. So if you have no off weapon IAS I'd definitely put one shael in it to hit that break point. 89% IAS will hit 5 frames so if you go 3 shaels you will hit that break point with no other IAS. (Assuming you have a 3 socket version.)

A frost zealot is all about hitting fast and often. So aim for 5 frame attack rate. If you can get the 89% IAS with off weapon iAS and 2 shaels then I'd stick an Eth rune in there for the reduced target defence. You could also consider using another piece of the set if you have it to get the partial set bonus of 150% to attack rating.

4. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

well depending on your other gear maybe try to move up a couple frames in your attack if you have some extra shaels laying around, if not eths are always good, expecially since frost zealots have trouble hitting things.

edit:took to long to type, and dodgy explained it better

5. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I have the helm to the set, but it can only be worn by a Drood. :)

I'll hold off till I can get a couple Shaels to put in it. I might throw an Eth in it now just to get started. I can't use it yet anyway...level is too low on my Freezealot.

6. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

I would say it depends completely on the character using it. For some, more damage is more important than the faster hit rate, others would like other modifiers. For a free zealot, I think some other elemental damage might be nice, but you could get that from charms (and you do potentially get more damage from those than from something socketed in the weapon). Other options would be more magic find (don't waste Ist's on it however, use jewels with magic find instead). This way, you'll soon find another few and then you can try different set ups.

7. Tarr

Tarr IncGamers Member

If you can come up with a pair of the boots, that's a good second item to wear for the AR boost. Those are some very nice boots with their 40% r/w.

8. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

A related question:

What would be the best druid to use the complete set? I know there are probably better items to use, but since I completed the set a few days ago, I would like to use it.

9. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

This question seems to be cropping up often. Best bet is probably a Fireclaws dr00d. The mods are generally good enough to pull any build (except a Hunter :p ) through, with a little patience.

For a frostzealot, probably Shael it all the way. Keep something on switch for Cold Immunes though, because the Rhythm has pathetic physical damage for Hell.

10. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

If you are interested, I can send a pair of the boots your way for the price of an e-mail.

11. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

I'd disagree and vote Windy. Not because it's that great for a Windy, but because the weapon is horrendously slow for Fireclaws. A good phase blade can get going literally twice as fast.