Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket IK set with?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by dokhogg, Apr 8, 2004.

1. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

What to socket IK set with?

Ok, so I won the IK set late last night in a giveaway contest. What shall I socket the helm and maul with? The maul, I'm thinking shaels so I can get IAS. But I do have an um that is possible. I also have a couple 15% ED jewels i could put in the helm, and do something else with the maul. Any suggestions? I know that it seems to me that the maul is too slow for my fighting style, which is get right in there and swing away at anything (maybe I'm as dumb as my merc). Maybe life steal? Knockback? Some type of damage either, fire, cold, etc, or possible increased damage to demons or undead? I have ideas, but Idon't want to use any hels to unsocket a mistake, so I need some suggestions.

Thanks

dok

2. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Someone point this man to the IK barb guide. It has socketing info as well. I just lost my copy of the link...sooooo, maybe Barb Forum?

3. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Shaels in the weapon, PTopazes in the Helm. If you want knockback, you can use bash or leap. Jewelry and the set bonuses will take care of all leeching. And ED% jewels are really only useful in weapons, but the IK set needs the attack speed more than the damage, unless maybe you want to use Concentrate as your main attack.

4. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Thanks much, shaels are what I thought, but wanted to make sure

5. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

what build is this going to be for? You said swinging, so conc or zerk? Once we know that we can help you more. Also, what are you planning on using for the rest of your gear (rings and ammy?).

crg

6. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I have a conc IK barb at the moment and I use a couple of ed/IAS jewels in the weapon (nice if you can get 'em). The reason for this is by taking into acount the 40% IAS already on the weapon, the 25% from the gloves partial set bonus and 20% from Highlords wrath you have enough to hit a 12 frame attack rate, 2 attacks a second. The easiest way to get quicker is to put IAS jewels in the armour and helm (x2) and shaels in the maul to get 80% weapon IAS and 90% off weapon which will get you a 11 frame attack and 2.2 attacks per second. Clearly, at least to me this seems inefficient use of sockets hence the ed/IAS jewels. Here's a list of break points with weapon IAS for conc and beserk which I think is the same:

11 frame attack: 80% weapon IAS plus 83% off weapon
    11 frame attack: 75% weapon IAS plus **% off weapon
    11 frame attack: 70% weapon IAS plus 93% off weapon

12 frame attack: 80% weapon IAS plus 29% off weapon
    12 frame attack: 75% weapon IAS plus 34% off weapon
    12 frame attack: 70% weapon IAS plus 39% off weapon
    12 frame attack: 60% weapon IAS plus 49% off weapon
    12 frame attack: 55% weapon IAS plus 54% off weapon
    12 frame attack: 40% weapon IAS plus 69% off weapon

I hope this helps with regard to conc/beserk, I am not sure about WW as I've never used it but from everything I've heard shael/shael is the way to go in the weapon and no other off weapon IAS since this wont affect WW's attack speed.

Good luck

7. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

I'm gonna be a conc barb, my other items are:

Rings: Dwarf Star, Manald Heal

Ammy: Mara's

I already added the shaels to the maul, and that made quite a difference. Still not sure of the sockets for the helm, since my resists right now are all at 75, so I'm not sure if I should add to that, or with something to help my attacks. My skill pt distribution is all screwed up since I didn't find this forum til the end of NM, so I'm doing ok overall I think, just worried about the later stages of Hell.

thanks one a all!