Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to socket for Enchantress?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by warding, Mar 29, 2004.

1. warding

warding Banned

What to socket for Enchantress?

What should I socket for an enchantress' 6 sock phase blade?

The most obvious thing is 6 Shaels, but what about eths to reduce target defense? Could be useful in melee duels?

How many shaels and/or eths should I use, and what are the breakpoints for a phaseblade ias :p

Thanks

2. Sephiroth[TR]

Sephiroth[TR] IncGamers Member

get yourself a passion( lem dol shael eld not the right order but those are the runes) and zeal :D thats what im gone do. All i need now is a good melee sorc build.

3. Mage_Killer

Mage_Killer IncGamers Member

passion: Dol Ort Eld Lem
    also, kingslayer seems nice too if you spend pts in other masteries, though i haven't tried myself (one 4 socketed phaseblade away from that ¬L¬)

4. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

My Enchantress used Kingslayer and I feel it is easilly the best (affordable...not counting Beast) pick; far better than Passion, Lightsabre or Azurewrath.

5. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Eths are pretty useless in PvP. The average PvP pally or barb will have +400% or more Enhanced Defence, dropping 12.5%/rune off doesn't really make much of a difference.

6. warding

warding Banned

Eh? How is Kingslayer a better runeword than Passion? I just don't see it. Sure it has more physical damage, but that's pretty useless for an enchantress...

7. Zarhrezz

It has Vengeance, which after even a few +skills adds more AR than a perfect Passion, plus it has 33% CB and 25% OW, so free blocking of monster regen. Note that with even 1 point in LM the Vengeance will add a few 100 damage lightning damage. Besides that the fire damage it adds is at least tripled by FM and the cold damage benefits from CM. For my Enchantress, the difference Vengeance makes is around 1k damage.
    So more damage, more AR, somewhat more speed, OW, CB, PMH versus Passion's Zeal (note: zeal speed for sorcs is crap, like 10/8/8/8/8 at best and locking you in place for the entire time) or Berserk (which is nice in Oblivion Knight areas, that's why I have it in my Enchantress' stash) and hit blinds target (kinda useless in melee) or cause fear (which is generally annoying, though adds some crowd control).

8. Zarhrezz

Yay forum going down/glitching.

9. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

hmmm.... this is the first time people mentioned about the +1 Vengence on Kingslayer for PvM enchantress, immediate benefits are quite obvious I suppose. Wonder if the +% lightning damage from Vengence stacks with, or is multiplied by Lightning mastery...

for PvP not very useful though, Zeal can hit 6 fps (someone posted that breakpts for soc is exactly 2 behind pally, so far no one has rejected that hypothesis) and is uninterrupible.

10. Zarhrezz

The +X% lightning damage is X% from the base weapon damage (that is, before strength multiplier etc) and as such a discrete number, which just adds to the other lightning damage (charms, SoJ etc) before being multiplied by LM. There is a reason my Enchantress is putting her remaining points into LM you know ;)

Who did the research on the Zeal breakpoints? I'd like to see details from that sometime, since the only testing results I've heard of indicate 8, maybe 7 frames for the 2nd through 5th attack. IAS requirements would be nice to know since hypothetical 6 fpa doesn't mean squat in-game if it requires 300% IAS. I can see the advantage of Zeal in PvP since it's uninterruptable in 1.10, but in PvM Passion's Cause Monsters to Flee works badly with Zeal, since you'll still be striking at monsters who have already fled, locking you in place doing air-moves.

11. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

ah I must remake my enchantress :)

this time I suspect maxing LM will prove useful

btw, how is cold mastery with it?
    I suspect it would be nice booster on using an azurewrath...

12. Zarhrezz

Yeah, it would...but I have to say, I was disappointed by the results yielded by my Enchantress using Azurewrath, so I went back to Kingslayer...I'm gonna be using the Azure on a Talonsin instead ;)

13. Dio

Dio IncGamers Member

I've got a question about using Azurewrath with an enchantress. The description on the sanctuary aura says that it ignores the resistance of undead, does that mean that any undead monster you attack with Azurewrath is going to have a 0% resist to your enchant fire damage? If so that would make it an unbelievable choice in all undead places like the masaleum (sp) or act 2 tombs.

14. Zarhrezz

Hmm...it doesn't mention that on the Arreat Summit. I would think it's like Blessed Hammer though, which ignore magic resistance on Undead and Demon monsters. If it indeed ignores all resistances of undead monsters it's kinda sick for certain runs =)

15. Dio

Dio IncGamers Member

I see that it's not listed on the Arreat Summit, I can't remember where I've seen it documented now, but I know that it at least ignores physical resistance because when using the aura you can beat down physically immune monsters like ghosts just fine. What I don't know is if it applies to the other resistances like fire. Anyone have some experiance with this? I'd love to test, but oh wait, I can only dream about having an Azurewrath at this point.

16. mugentim

mugentim IncGamers Member

what about the gimmershred or hell rack or barana star