Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what to put in Windforce socket?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ZasinZebra, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ZasinZebra

ZasinZebra Diabloii.Net Member

what to put in Windforce socket?

I apologize because I'm sure this has been touched on, but what should I put in Windforce socket? I threw a shael in it but now I have a jah (ITD) would that be any good? Does anyone have any real life feedback on Ignore Target Defence, does that do much?

Or anything else someone has put in Windforce I would be curious to know how it worked.

2. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

i assume you are using the wf on your zon...best bet would be a shael or ias/damage jewel....shael will give you 5 ias more which you may need to hit breakpoint...the ias tables in the zon forum should be pointing in the right direction after dacar finds time to fix them....check them out before you pull out the shael...you may have it socketed with the best option

i wouldn't consider putting anything into a wf other than ias for pvm...itd does not work for bosses...most zons will just pump up penetrate until their a/r is high enough to hit most of the time anyways

check out the zon forum for further info

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

agree on above. Shael is most often your best bet, however, if you can reach a breakpoint with 5% ias less, go for some ias jewel with a useful mod of choice. Resists are never bad, damage cant be wrong either.

Jah is imo a bad choice, since zons use dex for damage, and also the penetrate skill boosts your attackrating. Not very many zons go through hell with low chance to hit ;)

4. ZasinZebra

ZasinZebra Diabloii.Net Member

Thank you for your input I have 75%ias in equip +20% on the shael in my WF this is strictly a PvM zon & I have gone through hell & don't have much problem mf'ng through Pits, Tunnels, Andy, Meph, & Pindle/Eldritch/Shenk

btw ~256%mf is getting me a ton of great stuff

lvl 85 Putting all my points in Penetrate currently at lvl 15
    screwed up & thought putting points in Magic arrow would be great for PI

5. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

no screwup there...magic arrow is ok for phys immunes
    what is your main bow skill? maybe i can help you out with your ias

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If it's a strafer, 9 frames between strafes and 2 or even 3 frames between strafe shots are good enough for PvM. If she has good resists and perhaps a Fortitude armor, she will be quite good in Baal minion runs, too.

In the last season I had a WF zon with 9/3 strafing and she did very well in the Pits. This season I have a Fortitude+Faith strafer with good resists and she can deal with any monster in the WSK and the Baal minions except for the PI succubi in WSK 3. Baal takes a little long with her, so I have a fana-zealot in the game on another computer who deals with him very efficiently.