what to pump first - smite vs. fanat

what to pump first - smite vs. fanat

anyone know the mathematical order of operations on this?

does smite add to base dmg and then the fanat skill multiplies it, or do the two % damages add together when fanat is on?

reason why i ask is cause fanat is 17% and smite is 15% per lvl. therefore fanat>smite IF they add together rather than fanat multiplying damage that smite adds to base.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
I am pretty sure that the percent adds, since holy shield is the only skill that adds to base smite damage. In any case, fanat is almost always better than smite since it also adds damage to other attacks cough *charge* cough, and adds ias which is very necessary for 6 frame smite with most of the weapons you would want. However, it is your choice. Good luck!

--welt

Zvolen

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
I am pretty sure that the percent adds, since holy shield is the only skill that adds to base smite damage. In any case, fanat is almost always better than smite since it also adds damage to other attacks cough *charge* cough, and adds ias which is very necessary for 6 frame smite with most of the weapons you would want. However, it is your choice. Good luck!

--welt
Although considering you can gte smite at lvl one by the time you can get Fana at lvl 30 smite could already be maxed out...

Holy shield > fanat > smite, no matter what. Unless you want longer stun length or something. ( I know you didn't ask about hs, that's simply the formula)

Sonic said:
Stun does not work in pvp
Who said this is for pvp

And besides, yes there is some part of smite stun that does work in pvp, and is very good if you know how to use it right. If you smite and have a good level smite, the swirlies will be above them for a while. While they're on him, anytime you do any damage at all to him, he'll go into hit recovery. Like foh. In a v/t (or judi) vs. v/t (or judi) duel, most times the foh did **** dmg, but was used anyway like that. They'd smite eachother a bit, try to foh eachother so the other would go into hit recovery, and then good v/t's would take advantage of that and charge in right then and smite some more. o_O, crafty.

Fun stuff.