Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to look for

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Demon2k3, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Demon2k3

Demon2k3 IncGamers Member

What to look for

I'm noe nebie directly but i gotta ask this. I play euscl and was preparing to make a beast. i got the axe, the ber rune and the rest all i needed was mal+um.Now the ist rune i was going to trade for mal+um poofs on me and i stand here with no ist and now a long way from beast. here is the question.

What should i look for and save on that is woth pul, mal or um? any tips. Notice i play euscl. Maybe wrong place to ask but well i gotta ask somewhere.

2. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

Pul = 30 pgems (EuScl)

...maybe less, times change

3. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Keys...lots and lots of keys...

4. rata

rata IncGamers Member

it would help if you provided your main character(s), levels and equipment. that way we could figure out ur best options to take, i.e. like Lyndis mentioned..if u have a key runner..lots and lots of keys

5. Demon2k3

well the chars i got is
    lvl 86 metorber full mf gear but missing shako wich i traded for a gul(seemed like a good trade), aswell as i need wt. No torch or anni

lvl 79 or 80 lf java. decently equpied. No torch or anni

lvl 83 frenzy barb. VEry good equipment, verdungos 38/15, draculs arreat, duress in a dusk shroud. gore riders. thi is the one i was attempting to make a beast for but wich the ist poofed. got a good torch. the weapons are 2x runemaster ettin axes. 5 sockets.
    haven't put anything in them yet.

This clear enough?

6. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

Maybe you should try @Lyndis' idea
    It should be pretty fast running for keys with mf-sorc. Just remember to bring merc with you in tower since Countess is always Fire/Cold immune.

Or use your Frenzy Barb to run Nihaltak for both good items and Dest. key (can be traded for Hate + Terror.) You will pretty quick learn how to find Nihaltak in no time ("halls of pain" only spawn 3 different ways.) Then Just leap on top of Nihl, Kill, check for key/item, leap away and/or save & exit. Can be done in around 2 min. pr. run when you get the hang of it.

7. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

Gathering pgems with the LF zon in cows might be faster than keys, especially if you got a few other decent drops. Try both for an hour and see which works better.

Mals are worth HR (or even HR+) on WSCL now, AFAIK, so that could be a problem. Stupid duped economy.

8. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Mals and Ists are like high-end HRs now.

9. rata

rata IncGamers Member

i'm not sure the frenzy barb is rdy to run Nihaltak yet, at level 83 and no nigma, he may have problems running thru the critters. i suggest demon pick up a tal set for 1 hr, then run meph, and restrict key runs for terror and hate. leave destruction until the frenzy barb gets to lvl 86+ with grief/death combo

10. Demon2k3

well i am going beast/death combo. i will have the beast soon tho, seeing as i got a 5(5 psn facet on trade today for ko+3pgs.

But i will get tal and keyrun hate and terrors with the sorc.