Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to expect of a warcry barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Pherdnut, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

What to expect of a warcry barb?

Can these guys really solo bosses okay? 1-1.5K damage seems awfully low. I think I'd like to make one for dual MF/GFing on the council at Trav but will I need help to level to beat quests with a warcry barb?

Anybody ever try using lacerator axes to get amp damage on bosses before warcrying?

2. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

I would say that overall, they are very very durable with the right gear, and war cry helps a ton to take enemies defence down. Against anyone who can be stunned, it is easy to kill them because they dont fight back, and you do a decent amount of damage. Against bosses and other super uniques, they kill too slow for my taste, although I have a PvM singer that I love(IMO the best overall team character to have).

phil

3. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Think of it this way : a slow physical attack (8-9 fpa casting) that doesnt carry over DS CB or OW, does 3k dmg (with amp), stuns (not always works on bosses), id pick ww or frenzy over it any day for killing bosses. However it works wonders vs mobs because of the stun.

4. urkel181

urkel181 IncGamers Member

In my opinion, War cry barbs make bad boss killers. Not enough damage, and mana runs out too fast. they make good pvp'ers though.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well this ladder season 'Insight' runeword would make a PvM warcry barb the next american idol :p After maxing synergies to warcry to actually hit bosses with Lacerators barb still needs AR which could be partially offsetted via Battlecry - though i still think this inadequate :( Perhaps for the case of an Act Boss scenario we could have a Gavel Of Pain Martel with amp charges or rogue merc with a WWS for general gameplay hehe. Hmm with some nice fcr this might be interesting :p Style points if one could pull off hehe

6. garion

garion IncGamers Member

lol..i love that comment...in any case batuchka is right..insight is incredibly cheap...and awesome....i think if you dont need conviction (ie a one tree sorc..etc) then i would use insight, it allows necs to cast revives/curse/bspears constantly, trapsins to drops traps non stop every few feet, sorcs to spam, hammerdins to hammer on...etc....very useful on a low lvl polearm in the beggining.....

7. Pherdnut

WWS only gets 2% which would work fine if your Rogue got Strafe but it would probably take too long with their silly elemetal attacks. I'm thinking Gavel or Lacerator with Battlecry is best.

8. Pherdnut

I'll hopefully be trading for a couple crappy lacerators shortly. Do you guys think it's worthwile putting four points into throwing mastery and double throw so +skills can give a bit more of an AR bonus? And how do you guys think a singer will fare against the council in Hell?